Full-Time Job Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A Full-Time Exempt position, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall financial and operational health of the organization, who ensures Pacific Arts Movement’s activities, programs, board, and staff are aligned with our mission. We are transitioning from our founding Executive Director of 16+ years, and seek a confident, collaborative leader, who is passionate about our mission and can build upon the organization’s successful trajectory.
About Pacific Arts Movement
Pacific Arts Movement (Pac Arts) is a nonprofit media arts organization that started in 2000 as the San Diego Asian Film Festival, and has grown to become one of the nation’s largest media arts organizations dedicated to enriching the community through stories of Asia and its diaspora.
Our mission is to inspire, entertain, and support a more compassionate society through the Pan Asian media arts. Pac Arts aims to serve the broadest audience possible to transform lives, expand people’s view of the world, and strengthen San Diego’s love of film and film culture. With a budget approaching $1 million, the organization is sustained by a passionate, creative team of six full-time staff.
Supported by contractual and seasonal staff, interns and volunteers, and an engaged Board of Directors, Pac Arts produces two major film exhibitions each year and a successful youth documentary training program called Reel Voices. The annual 10day San Diego Asian Film Festival is entering its 17th season and presents a diverse selection of high-quality films from around the world, complemented by meaningful discussions with filmmakers and artists. Pac Arts serves more than 20,000 people each year through its programs.
• Innovation & Creativity
• Mission Focus
• Strategy & Collaboration
• Social & Artistic Leadership
• Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
• Proven track record of fundraising, donor cultivation, and grant writing
• Creative, resourceful, and problem solver
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and handle pressure of deadlines
• Ability to maintain sense of humor and find joy in all aspects of the work
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience in nonprofit management and fundraising, a passion for the Arts, strong leadership and project management skills, as well as:
• Excellent verbal, written and public speaking experience, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills
• Experience in development and fundraising
• Experience in budgeting, special event planning, and committee management
• Ability to instill, manage, and maintain culture of highest performance standards and accountability
• Ability to respect and learn from staff and team while helping to guide organization to new levels of efficiency, coordination, and productivity
• Strong management and teambuilding skills
• History of engaging in and supporting the film and/or the arts
• Understanding and appreciation of the complexity of Asian American communities
• Ability to interact with all levels of business executives, community groups, civic leaders and other individuals to promote the organization
• Track record in working effectively with staff, volunteers and Board members
• Familiarity with donor and corporate community
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Visioning & Strategic Direction
• In partnership with Artistic Director and Board, inspire and drive strategic direction and growth of Pac Arts in local, regional and national nonprofit and media arts field
• Effectively represent Pac Arts mission and vision with donors, government, foundations, sponsors and general public
• In collaboration with Board and staff, ensure the growth of Pac Arts through donor development, marketing, annual gala, sponsorships, and grants
• Develop high-level partnerships with donors, sponsors, government representatives and foundations
• Increase visibility by serving as the face and voice of the organization
• In collaboration with staff (Managing Director, Artistic Director, Communications Manager, Development Manager), advance organizational, marketing, film, and fundraising goals of the Festival and its youth film training program, Reel Voices
• Watch movies!
• Responsible for HR activities, including staff recruitment, staff development and evaluations, policies and contracts
• Provide strategic growth opportunities that attract, keep and motivate a diverse, high quality staff
• Maintain oversight of operations and budget to ensure prudent fiscal management
• Effectively recruit, engage, and manage relationship with board to maximize participation and contribution
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Interested candidates are invited to email cover letter and resume (in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommendations to other qualified individuals are also welcomed.
|• Job Title:||Executive Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Pacific Arts Movement|
|• Location:||San Diego, California, United States|