Full-Time Job Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Founded in 1923 as the Little Theatre of Chattanooga, The Chattanooga Theatre Centre is one of the oldest, largest, and busiest community theatres in the country. Our fifteen productions per year – seen by audiences of more than 50,000 – are professionally guided and provide opportunities for hundreds of talented volunteers. The Chattanooga Theatre Centre is a 40,000 square-foot facility beautifully situated on the banks of the Tennessee River. In addition to our 380-seat Main Theatre and 200-seat Mildred M. Montague Circle Theatre (a black box space), we boast huge scene and costume shops, spacious dressing rooms, large classroom/rehearsal rooms, gorgeous lobbies and other amenities.
In addition to our productions, we provide drama and dance classes, workshops, and a summer academy for students of theatre arts from kindergarten through high school. We are a Partner in Education with the Chattanooga High School Center for the Creative Arts, a local performing arts magnet school work closely with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s Theatre Department, and offer internship opportunities for technical theatre students of Chattanooga State Technical Community College. We are proud to provide professional opportunities for directors, music directors, choreographers, and musicians in our productions
The Executive Director is responsible for the sustainable operation of the Chattanooga Theatre Centre. The position’s primary responsibilities include overseeing all financial and artistic activities; managing the staff responsible for specific parts of the operation, and developing/maintaining relationships with funding agencies and community leaders.
Reports to: CTC Board of Directors through the Board President
• Developing a balanced annual budget while implementing efficient and sound business practices
• Developing and supervising a season of productions, classes, workshops, and other activities that balances artistic integrity and excellence with revenue generation
• Maintaining the organization’s artistic expectations and monitoring production and activities quality
• Supervising business and artistic/production staff members along with contract directors, choreographers, musicians, and other artists
• Developing and maintaining productive relationships with CTC funding organizations, corporate partners, individual donors, and the CTC Board of Directors
• Providing leadership for fund and audience development efforts
• Serving as the face and voice of the CTC in the community
• Leading implementation of the CTC’s strategic plan
• 5 years in community theatre management or related business management
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and community relations
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Master’s degree in the arts and/or business management
• Financial management experience
• Familiar with the business and production aspects of non-profit performing arts management
• Technologically proficient including familiarity with marketing, fundraising, and box office platforms and software
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on January 31, 2017.
|• Job Title:||Executive Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Chattanooga Theatre Centre|
|• Location:||Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States|