Full-Time Job Executive Director
The Executive Director of Augustana Arts is a full-time, non-benefited, salary position that is responsible for human resources, development, fundraising, advertising, and fiscal management of the organization. Duties include, but are not limited to, hiring and managing employees and contractors, marketing and development strategies and implementation, Board development and management, and volunteer coordination and management. The position works closely with the Production Manager, Music Directors, and Boards of Directors to continue to grow a fantastic musical arts organization that serves more than 10,000 people annually.
Summary of Executive Director Job Duties:
• Coordinate with Governing and Development Boards to recruit and train new and current members with the goal of an educated and well-rounded group of individuals in both the governing board and development board
• Coordinate with Board President and Secretary to schedule and run Board meetings
• Be prepared for all board meetings and communicate with Board at appropriate times to provide informational updates about the wellbeing of the organization
• Build and maintain a skills matrix to identify areas of need for the Boards
Marketing & Advertising:
• Create and implement an annual marketing strategy for concerts, season ticket sales, and fundraising events
• Build and maintain a robust online presence including social media and other new media
• Organize a reasonable strategy for audience development utilizing the musicians of Stratus Chamber Orchestra and Colorado Men’s/Women’s Chorales
• Maintain and/or hire help to keep organizational website up-to-date and relevant for patrons
Fundraising & Development:
• Grow the number and quality of patrons and donors for the organization through good development practices
• Collaborate with Boards, staff, and musicians to target new potential patrons and donors for the organization
• Collaborate with Development Board to formulate effective fundraising activities/events
• Write grants to support the multiple programs for the organization.
• Grow and maintain a robust group of volunteers to assist the organization for concerts, events, and other activities
• Collaborate with Production Manager and Music Directors to plan and implement all concerts
• Attend all concerts and be the face of organization to patrons
• Manage front of house and necessary volunteer activities for each concert including box office, ushering, ticket taking, clean up, etc.
• Manage pre-sales and season ticketing for all performances
• Maintain online ticketing platform (currently Patron Manager/SalesForce)
• Work with teachers, schools, and community sites to create an accurate schedule for each class
• Create and maintain a substantial list of substitute teachers. Hire substitute teachers as necessary for classes
• Post open teacher positions and hire new teachers as necessary
• Prepare monthly payroll for teachers and substitutes
• Perform annual inventory of instruments, check out instruments to teachers/students, and schedule repairs as necessary
• Hire and manage the Production Manager and necessary independent contractors to provide adequate assistance for the organization’s success
• As organization expands, make recommendations to the Governing Board for new employee and independent contractor positions
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors to hire Music Director positions for Stratus Chamber Orchestra and Colorado Men’s/Women’s Chorales if/when necessary
• Hire and manage City Strings teachers and program activities.
• Collaborate with Production Manager, Music Directors, and Board to develop and manage an annual budget
• Maintain accounting for organization, and/or hire bookkeeper to maintain the organization’s accounting
• Prepare and pay monthly payroll for employees
• Stay current on best practices for organizations such as Augustana Arts. Make recommendations to staff and Board if significant changes are necessary.
• Plan staff and musician gatherings to build camaraderie across the organization.
• Other duties as required
Starting wage for this position is at market equivalent based on candidate’s experience.
Candidates with music background, development, and executive experience are encouraged to apply.
Cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references must be sent to:
Augustana Arts, Executive Director
No phone calls please.
|• Job Title:||Executive Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Augustana Arts|
|• Location:||Denver, Colorado, United States|