Full-Time Job Executive / Development Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
California Ballet Association (DBA California Ballet Company) seeks a qualified Executive Director with development experience to join its mission of presenting high quality professional ballet performances and education programs to the public community of California.
Position: Executive/Development Director
Compensation: DOE, negotiable, exempt.
The Executive Director (E.D.) will be a collaborative and experienced leader, responsible for all aspects of CBC’s business operations, strategic planning, financial administration, development efforts, and education and community outreach. The E.D. will be CBC’s chief advocate and networker throughout the region, cultivating new partnerships and relationships and working to enhance the organization’s profile and visibility. The E.D. will partner with the Artistic Director and the board to establish the strategic direction of CBC.
Roles and Responsibilities
Management and Operations
• Oversee all personnel and programming to ensure that the organization is efficient and effective in resource utilization.
• Develop an annual budget and regularly monitor and report to the board on financial performance, participation, and other metrics.
• Ensure that the necessary organizational structure, policies, systems controls, and procedures are in place and regularly reviewed for effectiveness.
• Provide concise, relevant, and timely information to the board so it can fulfill its policy and decision-making responsibilities.
• Collaborate with the board to develop short and long-term goals and strategies around all areas of contributed and earned revenue and outline the best ways to achieve those goals.
• Oversee the development department, including individual, institutional, and membership donor programs.
• Proactively support the board and development committee to create development strategy and cultivate donor/sponsor prospects.
• Maintain a personal portfolio of donors, cultivating and soliciting major gifts for the annual fund, special events, capital projects, and special programs.
• Develop, cultivate, and enhance CBC’s relationships in the community.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven to ten years of relevant senior management experience in a performing arts organization is required. A master’s degree is preferred. A qualified candidate will have a strong track record in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and potential donors at all levels, particularly major gifts donors, and the ability to develop budgets and staff teams are necessary. Candidates must be highly self-motivated, metrics-driven, and goal-oriented. Candidates must possess a flexible and adaptable style to positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
How to apply
|• Job Title:||Executive / Development Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||California Ballet Association|
|• Location:||San Diego, California, United States|