Full-Time Job Executive Assistant to Gallery Owner
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Tayloe Piggott Gallery seeks an experienced, highly skilled Executive Assistant
Scope of Role:
Tayloe Piggott Gallery is seeking an Executive Assistant for the gallery’s owner. Qualified candidates should be highly personable, professionally mature, proactive, adept at multitasking, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
The Executive Assistant to Owner will coordinate all aspects of the owner’s day-to-day as well as partner with additional gallery staff on overall administration. This is an opportunity to work in a preeminent art gallery in the resort town of Jackson, Wyoming. The position requires the ability to handle a high level of volume and complexity, the ability to work well with people, including staff, colleagues and clients. Detail orientation along with the ability to multi-task is a must. The candidate also must be highly motivated and excel in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Minimum 2 years of experience as an Executive Assistant. Previous experience at a gallery, museum or with a luxury brand is preferred.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Support for Owner
• Maintain and organize owner’s daily schedule and daily reminders (e.g. coordination of calendar, reservations, invitations and other appointments)
• Coordinate all travel arrangements, including preparation and confirmation of detailed itineraries and key follow up and confirmation of all appointments throughout trip
• Prepare all correspondence on behalf of the owner, including communication to internal staff, clients, artists and other individuals
• Maintain organization of the owner’s office and files
• Liaise with the sales team to monitor client interests; ensure that database records are current and complete, create new records for new clients
• Assist in personal errands for the owner, as directed
Support for the gallery (in partnership with gallery staff)
• Assist in the opening and closing of the gallery
• Manage all incoming calls and emails to the gallery
• Greet clients in the gallery and coordinate all preparation for client meetings
• Coordinate all gallery events: openings, jewelry trunk shows, cocktail parties and dinners
• Coordinate general office management responsibilities (e.g., ordering supplies, organization of office, kitchen supplies etc…)
• Assist the owner and directors in preparing for exhibitions and jewelry trunk shows • Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 2 years of experience in an art gallery, museum or with a luxury brand preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to work well with clients, gallery representatives and other creative professionals both in and outside the gallery setting
• Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks as needed
• Extremely detail-oriented and have excellent proofreading skills
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Willingness to work long hours (50 – 60 hours per week) with flexibility to allow for periodic long work days to support the gallery’s events, which normally occur after business hours
• Ability to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule if needed
Salary commensurate with experience. Tayloe Piggott Gallery offers robust benefits including health, dental, matching 401(k), and vacation.
|• Job Title:||Executive Assistant to Gallery Owner|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Tayloe Piggott Gallery|
|• Location:||Jackson, Wyoming, United States|