Full-Time Job Events Manager
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
To manage all front of house responsibilities for all Hopkins Center public events which number more than 500 annually.
Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated management capability and proven organizational and interpersonal abilities.
• Ability to develop professional working relationships with students.
Strong customer service skills.
• Should enjoy meeting the public and solving problems that may arise in public service.
• Irregular work schedule includes primarily nights and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Strong background in the performing arts is preferred.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
• Three years of administrative experience in an arts related setting; or the equivalent.
• One year of experience working on-site during live public events, providing access to patrons of all ages and abilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicants
Irregular work schedule includes primarily nights and weekends.
Location: Hopkins Center, E. Wheelock ST., Hanover, NH 03755
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
• House manages, or supervises the management of all public events in the Hopkins Center including visiting artist and ensemble performances, Theater Department productions, Film Society, Senior Fellowship presentations, Commencement and Reunion activities, Orientation activities, lectures and national debates.
• Manages all front of house set-ups in Spaulding Auditorium, Moore Theater, Bentley Theater, Top of Hop, Faulkner Recital Hall, Alumni Hall, Rollins Chapel, or wherever the Hopkins Center administration chooses to present an event.
• Supervises issuance of orders to FO&M (with the Facilities Manager) or other College agencies involved with house arrangements for these events.
• Responsible for on-site patron relations including appropriate greeting and assistance, conflict resolution and ensuring comfort and safety.
• Monitors all ADA , 504, building and fire codes for Hopkins Center venue use for events.
• Responsible for ensuring equal access to all patrons through providing assistive listening devices, wheelchair accommodation, large-print playbills, or other accommodations as necessary etc.
• Must be a strong advocate for diversity with proven ability to work with diverse populations.
• Communicates with the Box Office Managers in matters regarding box office sales, house seating charts, complimentary tickets, artists tickets, press tickets, wait-list procedures, and resolution of ticket problems.
• Maintains a cooperative link with the Production Manager and production staff for the presentation of performances as well as with co-sponsors and sponsors of events in Hop spaces.
• Assists the Director’s Office with hospitality efforts on behalf of Hopkins Center.
• Has responsibility for on-site artists relations: tendering performance fees to visiting artists or appropriate management and last minute troubleshooting.
• Schedules and arranges staffing for the sale of concessions on behalf of visiting artists.
• Maintains and continues to develop electronic database of Hop events. Assists Hop Directors in the preparation of non-financial events reports.
• Serves as member of various College and Hopkins Center committees Team Meeting, and other committees as designated by the Senior Events Manager.
• Travels as assigned to finalize details of events planning or for professional development.
• Prepares and submits all student and non-student payroll.
• Hires, trains, and supervises the Hopkins Center House staff, including House Managers, Head (student) Ushers and Volunteer (community) Ushers.
• Oversees maintenance of volunteer usher website used for volunteer usher event sign-up. Must be willing to learn new web site technologies.
• Supervises proper front of house and audience area use (including security measures) of Spaulding Auditorium, Moore Theater, Warner Bentley Theater, Faulkner Recital Hall, or during any other Hopkins Center space, including outdoor locations, used by the College and non-College organizations.
• Organizes security coverage for the lobby and perimeters of the event’s setting wherever Hopkins Center events are presented.
• Primary liaison between Events Office and Hop Film.
• Together with the Senior Events Manager, assigns and supervises the work of the Senior House Manager (non-student position) and Loew Auditorium House Supervisor (student position).
Acts as a positive role model for student ushers in appearance and demeanor.
— Performs other duties as assigned
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gdwzg7wzkdwtffn8
|• Job Title:||Events Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Dartmouth College|
|• Location:||Hanover, New Hampshire, United States|