Full-Time Job Education Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Studio East, a non-profit children’s theater thriving in Kirkland for 25 years, seeks an experienced and vibrant Education Director to help drive our mission of inspiring young people through the performing arts.
Position: Education Director
REPORTS TO: Artistic Director
STATUS: full time, salaried, exempt
COMPENSATION: annual salary DOE. Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan with matching, and a generous paid time off policy.
START DATE: Paid training will begin in early 2018.
The Education Director creates and manages performing arts education programming for youth ages 4 through 19. The programs include After School, Homeschool, Workshops, Summer Camps, Break Camps, and Outreach to area schools.
The Education Director:
• ensures the educational excellence of these programs;
• implements student learning assessment and program evaluation systems;
• is committed to meeting financial goals as a member of the Management Team;
• develops programming and partnerships that further Studio East’s mission.
The Education Director supervises the Education Outreach Manager, Education Associate, Teacher Training Specialist, and dozens of part-time teaching artists.
The Education Director also teaches at least one class each quarter.
• Bachelor’s degree in theatre, arts education or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide and inspire Teaching Artists as well as students.
• Great people skills to build and maintain relationships with students, parents, community partners and co-workers.
• Strong passion for arts education and young people.
• Breadth and depth of knowledge and experience teaching the performing arts.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Experience hiring and managing a staff or volunteers and creating/maintaining structure.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, take initiative, and exercise discretion in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
• Positive attitude, flexibility, and dedication to teamwork.
• Knowledge of and experience using state or national education standards in curriculum planning a plus.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Publisher preferred. WordPress and Total Info experience a plus.
Specific Job Duties:
• Develop new programs and adjust existing programs to meet the changing needs of students and families.
• Oversee the Education Outreach Manager, Education Associate and Teacher Training Specialist, and all duties carried out by these positions.
• Hire, oversee and manage Teaching Artists as part-time employees.
• Hire, oversee and train student Assistants as temporary employees or interns.
• Develop and monitor Education fiscal year budgets and individual program budgets with the Management Team.
Teaching & Learning
• Oversee structure, schedule, content and staffing for all listed Education Programs.
• Ensure quality of programming through intentional design using prior and acquired knowledge, experience, state and national standards of excellence.
• Ensure quality of Teaching Artist planning and implementation of curriculum outlines through guidelines, collaboration, observation and evaluation.
• Develop Educator Curriculum Guides for StoryBook Theater touring productions.
• Evaluate and track all components of the Education Programs through participant surveys, Instructor evaluations, and student self-assessments where appropriate.
• Observe programs in action both on and off site to assess learning/teaching and presentations.
Marketing & Communication
• Partner with the Marketing Director to create and maintain accurate and effective website, email and print materials.
• Follow established communication patterns between families and Teaching Artists throughout Education programs.
• Develop community partnerships with local schools and other organizations to promote Studio East programs.
• Represent Studio East at community events and local/national conferences regarding arts education.
In this position, there is occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds; occasional use and operation of miscellaneous equipment and furnishings as tasks and projects require, as well as the use of a computer. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Send cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation via email to
email@example.com with the subject line “Education Director Search”
No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: January 31, 2018
About Studio East: www.studio-east.org
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 2, 2018, with interviews in January. Early application is encouraged.
|• Job Title:||Education Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Studio East Training for the Performing Arts|
|• Location:||Kirkland, Washington, United States|