Part-Time Job Education Coordinator, In School Music Project
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Education Coordinator, In School Music Project
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Education Coordinator, In School Music Project will be responsible for facilitating the development of an intensive in-school sequential music program that is linked to after school music learning within a charter school system. The position includes coordinating the development and design of the curriculum and implementation plan for grades K – 3 to be launched in September, 2017. The design of this music program entails building off of plans and work completed to date, LA Phil educational philosophies, and overall best practices in sequential music education. Deliverables include a K-12 long term sequential plan, a comprehensive budget, staffing structure and hiring plan, as well as research and proposals regarding research and evaluation for the project. The Coordinator works in collaboration with the LA Phil Social Innovation Manager and Project Manager, as well as Charter School leadership and current music teacher.
This position is considered part time working an average of 10 hours per week, not to exceed 29 hours per week; however hours can vary based on need/schedule. To be considered for this position, candidates should be able to work through September/October.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Facilitating development of program structure, growth plan, and curriculum
• Leading planning processes and conversations with diverse stakeholders
• Developing word, excel, and powerpoint planning documents with timelines, graphs, images, etc.
• Creating short term budgets and long term financial projections
• Researching and identifying educational and research consultants, as well as potential teachers
• Presenting rationale and research documents to inform conversations and decisions
• Processing expense reports and invoices in collaboration with LA Phil Education Department staff
• Bachelors Degree required
• Experience in the field of arts administration preferred
• Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Professional experience in an arts organization working in the field of music education
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of orchestral music and music reading skills
• Works well in high-pressure, fast-paced corporate environment
• Able to work cooperatively in a small work space
• Positive attitude, flexible
• Experience working with teaching artists, parents, and young musicians preferred
• Ability to work with diverse personalities
• Spanish language proficiency preferred
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
How to apply:
Complete the online application by copying and pasting this website:
• Complete the application with all pertinent information
• At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
|• Job Title:||Education Coordinator, In School Music Project|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Los Angeles Philharmonic Association|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|