Full-Time Job Editorial Coordinator – museum
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Editorial Coordinator provides support to staff members of the Publications and Editorial Department.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Works closely with Assistant Manager Editor, production managers, and editors to traffic materials for publication (page layouts, galleys, color proofs, etc.)
• Maintains and regularly updates departmental spreadsheets for all publications and label projects
• As often as time permits, edits and proofreads exhibition and rotation labels, and publication texts and apparatus
• Prepares and sends contracts for authors, freelancers, and permissions requests, and maintains records for contracts
• Distributes mail and handles packages to and from Receiving, Reception, and various departments; requisitions books and distributes new publications to authors and departments
• Assists with hiring, managing, and supervising interns
• Answers departmental phone and takes messages
• Assists with photocopying, and maintains copier
• Orders office supplies
• Proofreads and edits Museum maps
• Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• One year of general office experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to edit and proofread exhibition and publication texts
Knowledge and Education:
• B.A. degree in humanities
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Editorial Coordinator” in the subject line.
|• Job Title:||Editorial Coordinator – museum|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|