Full-Time Job Director of Undergraduate Studies
The Theater, Dance & Media Standing Committee seeks applications for a Director of Undergraduate Studies and Lecturer in Theater, Dance and Media. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2018.
• Teaching two courses per year at the undergraduate level in some aspect of theater, dance and/or media, including possibly sophomore and/or junior tutorials. This could also include interdisciplinary courses in subjects that intersect with the performing arts, such as gender & sexuality, history, global cultures, anthropology, art history, religious studies, design, architecture, digital media, or social movements.
• Advising TDM concentrators on all aspects of their undergraduate concentration (requirements, tutorials, thesis projects, course selection, study abroad options, fellowships, career opportunities, etc.) and ensuring progress toward degree. This includes overseeing senior thesis process, advising students pursuing a secondary field in TDM, and coordinating advising events for prospective and current students.
• Working closely with TDM Chair, Departmental Administrator, Steering Committee, and Artistic Producer to establish and maintain all activities of the program (identify and negotiate with visiting lecturers; facilitate professional productions each term; contribute to curriculum development and refinement; coordinate curriculum committee and faculty degree meetings; etc.)
The Director of Undergraduate Studies position is a three-year renewable appointment, with the Lecturer position held concurrently. The second two years of the appointment are contingent upon a satisfactory performance review during the first year. The position is renewable upon review.
faculty, instructor, lecturer, director of undergraduate studies, advising
theater, dance, media, performance studies, performing arts, dramatic arts, interarts, arts and humanities, arts and social sciences, theory and performance practice.
Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts, MA, Northeast, New England
Doctorate in arts or humanities, with a strong connection to the performing arts, required by the time the appointment begins.
Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching and ability to work collaboratively is desired.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by March 20; applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. To apply, follow this link: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/8153
1. Cover letter.
2. Curriculum Vitae.
3. Teaching statement (describing teaching approach and advising philosophy).
4. Writing sample (no longer than 25 pages).
5. Names and contact information of three to five references. Three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is complete only when all three letters have been submitted.
Theater, Dance & Media
10-12 Holyoke Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|• Job Title:||Director of Undergraduate Studies|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Harvard University, Theater, Dance & Media|
|• Location:||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|