Full-Time Job Director, UHS Public Art Collection
Develops and implements the curatorial vision of the University of Houston System (UHS) Public Art Collection. Partners with internal and external stakeholders to realize the strategic vision. Oversees the programming, stewardship, management and financial oversight of this collection.
1. Provide leadership for the direction and vision of the permanent UHS Public Art Collection.
2. Establish, implement, and oversee budget and contributions for art acquisition, conservation and operations.
3. Develop system wide programs to advance the Art Collection profile by partnering with system wide art programs, museum spaces, galleries and educational initiatives.
4. Oversee development and implementation of annual marketing, communication and public relations plans to promote the Art Collection to local, state, national and international audiences and media.
5.Collaborate with University Advancement to lead fundraising efforts; develop and initiate grant proposals to advance programming capacity.
6. Oversee annual programming calendar and activities to engage participation in the Art Collection.
7. Manage formal public art spaces; reserve spaces by internal/external organizations to promote and engage constituents, develop collaborative events and activities that continually advance and promote these spaces to the internal/external community.
8. Attend educational sessions at regional, national and international conferences to promote the Art Collection to audiences.
9. Represent the Art Collection to external bodies and professional organizations.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at the UH website, https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex1_uhs/jobdetail.ftl?job=STA002319&tz=GMT-06%3A00
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
|• Job Title:||Director, UHS Public Art Collection|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||University of Houston System|
|• Location:||Houston, Texas, United States|