Full-Time Job Director, Performing Arts Center (17-31)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Francis Marion University is currently seeking a Director of the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
The PAC opened in September 2011 and is located in downtown Florence, SC. The PAC serves as a venue for professional, university and community performing arts events, hosts community activities, and functions as an academic facility. The successful candidate will direct and plan all activities and programs associated with the Francis Marion University Performing Arts Center. The mission of the PAC is to strengthen the cultural, social and economic vitality of the Pee Dee Region by presenting a robust performance schedule and making the arts accessible to the local and regional community. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Development.
1) Development of a robust and relevant performance schedule consisting of professional entertainers and regional artists/groups;
2) Management of the Performing Arts Center facility;
3) Financial oversight, including responsible budget development and administration;
4) Collaboration and coordination with FMU arts faculty and various community arts groups;
5) Operation of the Performing Arts Center to facilitate the needs of FMU arts programs, the City of Florence and the surrounding region;
6) Working with University, civic, and community leaders and groups to develop support and build the audience for Performing Arts Center events; and
7) Promotion and marketing of the PAC events and venue.
The successful candidate will have a thorough working knowledge and relevant experience to direct and oversee the operations of a multipurpose performing arts center. Management and marketing experience in a related environment is highly desired. Demonstrated experience in scheduling, producing and promoting professional performances is required. Experience in managing the technical aspects of a performance venue is preferred. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are needed for this position. Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred. Ability to supervise technical staff is desired.
State Classification: Unclassified
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but evening and weekend hours are required to support performance schedule.
Commensurate with experience. Full university benefits package.
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 17-31);
2) FMU Staff Application;
4) copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
5) the names, addresses (both mail and e-mail), and telephone numbers of three references.
Send Application Packet to:
Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to 843-661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To obtain the FMU Staff Application, please visit http://www.fmarion.edu/about/positions
To obtain information about the State of South Carolina and other support services for state employees, please visit http://www.fmarion.edu/about/hrlinks
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution
|• Job Title:||Director, Performing Arts Center (17-31)|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Francis Marion University|
|• Location:||Florence, South Carolina, United States|