Full-Time Job Director of Sales and Marketing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reports To: COO
Area of Responsibility: Sales and Marketing
Wage Classification: Salary, Exempt
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for planning and executing all company sales, marketing and public relations activities, ranging from advertising, website, promotion, audience development, social media and printed collateral, including the creation and management of internal budget and staff as they relate to the Sales and Marketing Department. The Director must regularly exhibit creativity combined with efficiency and strong communication skills in a collaborative team environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to lead in a dynamic, growing organization. Must have the ability to put the organization’s needs first.
• Be a strong team player. Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external customers.
• Set and guide strategy to assure revenue goals are achieved (ticket sales, school tuition, community engagement sales)
• Create and implement sales and marketing plans for all lines of business; communicate plans to management and staff via written documents with implementation information (including timelines, budget and assignment of responsibilities)
• Initiate strong working relationships with internal customers to understand their product/message, revenue goals and timelines
• Develop and manage the Sales and Marketing expense budget to assure maximum effectiveness and impact while staying within the constraints set by the board and executive management
• Analyze sales information and present incremental sales goals and strategies in relation to previous sales history
• Provide management information to share at the board level which explains revenue results and upcoming strategies
• Responsible for managing the Marketing Committee and/or Task Forces of the Board of Directors for all aspects of marketing, and for preparing and advancing all related board requests and reports. Prepares appropriate agendas, coordinates the meetings, summarizes the outcomes, and directs the implementation of approved strategies and initiatives.
• Responsible for oversight of database additions, corrections, upkeep, and management of subscriber and ticket buyer information.
• Responsible for oversight and management of the Nashville Ballet shop and merchandise inventory.
• Reviews and edits all marketing collateral, including press releases and social media postings. Rewrites or modifies copy to clarify meaning and to conform to company style guidelines and editorial policy.
• Set the strategic communication direction in alignment with overall company initiatives to generate sales volume, donations, grow volunteers, increase partnership opportunities and increase overall awareness of Nashville Ballet by utilizing a wide variety of marketing and communications channels
• Manage, oversee and develop strategies to enhance company’s public image by identifying key messages and communicating them to media, potential alliance partners and investors. Oversee production of internal and external materials such as brochures, press releases, web copy, newsletters and executive presentations.
• Plan, direct, and implement company’s marketing communications activities. Responsible for communicating consistent messages across print and electronic media. Ensure that key, strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences.
• Conceive and execute Email Marketing programs to increase customer acquisition, retention, and conversion rates. Develop communication plans; segmentation strategies; and online offers. Evaluate effectiveness of email communications. Works with design and copywriting teams on creative treatments.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all brands and products. Leads the development of company-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media. Define key performance indicators and implements enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
• Edit, proofread, fact-check, and coordinate production of a variety of corporate and marketing communication materials. Ensure that communications are accurate, clear, and complete; correct in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and editorial style; and that they maintain a consistent tone and voice.
• Assure effective and timely communications to constituents to increase their awareness of all company activities and ways they can engage with Nashville Ballet
• Oversee production and placement of all print and electronic media advertisements as well as press releases, website updates and other electronic communications
• Purchase and place advertising including but not limited to print, radio, TV, and online advertising. Negotiate rates with media outlets and recommend sponsorship opportunities. Conduct post-buy media analysis and track and report on results.
• Play a key role in the successful planning and implementation of multi-channel marketing strategies. Create innovative ideas that tie web, mobile, email, search, social and traditional advertising together to provide solutions based on consumer insight and data.
• Manage the graphic design function to achieve the best result in the most cost-effective manner
• Lead the concept, design, and direction of all promotional and brand identity pieces
• Conceive and execute marketing strategies and programs to increase the profitability of new and existing products and services. Responsible for pricing policies; product and market development; and gathering, analyzing, and utilizing market research.
• Manage database systems designed to analyze and increase customer value. Generate marketing lists; segmentation, contact, and testing plans; and campaign reports. Analyze customer preferences, trends, profiles, and purchase histories. Identify factors that influence and are predictive of customer behavior.
• Oversee the development and implementation of direct marketing programs to raise the levels of customer acquisition, retention, and cross/up-selling. Design campaigns using direct mail, email, websites, telemarketing, catalogs, and marketing collateral. Develop return-on-investment goals, testing plans, and segmentation strategies.
• Develop and implement the brand strategy of a product or service. Position products and services in the marketplace. Plan and execute brand marketing and advertising programs to raise brand awareness and value. Set the direction of brands through awareness of market research and consumer trends.
• Oversee the writing, editing, updating, and placement of content on website. Ensure that website content meets the requirements of business units and fulfills the needs of website users. Collaborate with Web Designers and Web Programmers / Developers on website design and capabilities.
• Takes a leadership role in assuring overall company awareness of and focus on sales goals and the critical nature of their achievement
• Demonstrate leadership skills by efficiently and effectively running all sales and marketing meetings as well as participating fully in other company/management meetings
• Produce a high volume of high quality work within given time constraints
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Recruit, train, manage and coach employees in the Sales and Marketing department with a focus on maximizing their effectiveness, productivity, engagement and job satisfaction
• Ability to effectively write and produce communication and informational pieces, both print and digital with attention to verbal, visual and, as applicable, audio content
• Oversees management of agency photo database, CD and DVD data, newspaper, and other PR related items to assure an accurate historical archive.
• Assure that local newspapers and Google alerts are reviewed daily for articles including Nashville Ballet, dance and any articles related to sponsors, donors, volunteers, etc. and distribute as warranted.
• Regularly exhibit a willingness and enthusiasm for assisting with projects, special events, and planning within the management team
• Make time for special assignments and requests which benefit Nashville Ballet objectives even when such projects require additional effort beyond standard working hours
• Excel in managing multiple projects with strong detail, problem solving and follow-through capabilities
• Serves as a key player in the development of new company ventures, acting as a resource and sounding board to other directors and management
The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of working successfully in a team
• Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
• Demonstrated ability to persuade others
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
• Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
• Experience with constituent relationship management system
• Attention to detail and strong project management skills
• Professional attitude and appearance
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to email@example.com
Include “Director of Sales and Marketing” as the email’s subject line.
1. A substantive cover letter including the following information: where you found the position listed, your interest in the position and the organization, the date you are available to start, and contact information for three professional references.
2. A resume no longer than 2 pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
3. The following two writing samples demonstrating your breadth and flexibility as a strategist:
a) School of Nashville Ballet is expanding its community dance classes to include specific programs geared towards senior citizens. Draft a communications plan and timeline including targeted audiences to distribute this exciting news.
b) Nashville Ballet’s season of professional performances is expanding next season to include an additional contemporary ballet with a revenue budget goal of $100,000 in group and single ticket sales. Draft an advertising spend budget and allocation to reflect the appropriate effort towards this financial investment.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax.
|• Job Title:||Director of Sales and Marketing|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Nashville Ballet|
|• Location:||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|