Full-Time Job Director of Programming
The Straz Center is seeking to fill the position of Director of Programming, reporting to the Chief Programming and Marketing Officer. The Director of Programming is responsible for both long- and short- range programming with specific focus on event acquisitions and event management. The Director of Programming is responsible for continuously developing avenues for new programming through relationships nationally and within the industry. This Director manages all aspects of event fulfillment from artistic decision making, negotiating fees and deal structures, creating estimates, contracting, processing payments and relaying inter-departmental information. The position functions as the conduit for contract execution with agents and internal staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to booking shows, creating estimates, budgets and settlements.
• Assists Chief Programming and Marketing Officer with both Center-wide and Programming department initiatives and long range planning.
• Researches and identifies shows that align with Center’s strategic plans.
• Develops pre-show entertainment programming ideas to enhance the entire entertainment experience for Center patrons.
• Selects and books entertainment for opening acts and pre-show lobby entertainment.
• Handles all bookings for pop shows directly with agents or promoters.
• Books other presented shows such as dance, world music, and single night programming.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for Center-presented and co-Presented shows.
• Tracks contract and payment status as well as collects show expenses and invoices form internal departments.
• Develops estimates for each presented, co-presented, and produced events in conjunction with the Chief Programming and Marketing Officer.
• Manages both active and archival online event book for each show presented at the Center.
• Works with Finance department in providing insurance certificates for artists.
• Sends available dates in halls to promoters or agents who request them.
• Creates settlements for presented, co-produced, and produced events including night of settlement events as, needed.
• Utilizes analytical skills to interpret contract language to best execute contracts for TBPAC-presented events.
• Assists in editing the annual Season Marketing materials.
• Assists in developing set up sheets for the next Season.
• Attends the following meetings:
o Weekly Production meetings.
o Bi-weekly Producing/Programming meetings.o Bi-weekly Marketing/Programming meetings.
• Cultivates and realizes strategic partnerships with outside commercial presenters.
• Effectively establishes and maintains relationships nationally with agents and promoters.
• Liaises with appropriate departments such as Marketing, through Production Services, for event execution and Finance for settlements as well as the annual budgeting process. Also works with Education to ensure the execution of the outreach and master classes attached to any performance.
• Works with Marketing Department extensively in providing information of marketing materials for the upcoming season.
• Attends industry conference to select artists for upcoming seasons.
• Works with Programming Rentals Manager in maintaining the accuracy of Center’s performance calendar.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise artists and contract workers hired for Jaeb Theater projects.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in similar position working in a fast paced, multi-venue environment with some supervisory experience.
• Leadership and team building skills and experience to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
• Strong interpersonal skills including professional verbal and written communication.
• Creative and innovative with ability to seek out new methods and principles and incorporate them into existing practices.
• Solution driven with well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
• Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to travel as well as work nights and/or weekends as needed.
To apply for this job please visit our website at https://strazcenter.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Visit our website for more information about the Straz Center at www.strazcenter.org
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/V/D/F encouraged to apply.
|• Job Title:||Director of Programming|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Straz Center for the Performing Arts|
|• Location:||Tampa, Florida, United States|