Full-Time Job Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for all operational aspects of the Fairfax Choral Society, including administrative and production support for the programs of the FCS Symphonic Chorus and multiple youth ensembles and musicianship classes, with input from the Managing Director and Artistic Directors with additional oversight from the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Works with Artistic Directors and Musicianship Teachers to schedule rehearsals, auditions and classes for all choruses.
2. Attends Adult & Youth Chorus rehearsals and auditions on a semi-regular basis, as needed.
3. Prepares and distributes rehearsal materials and information to choristers as needed.
4. Runs the Volunteer program including communication with volunteers.
5. Orders uniforms for youth choirs, assists adult chorus with uniform needs.
1. Oversees the preparation and distribution of the programs.
2. Arranges for box office ticket sales and sale of merchandise (when applicable).
3. Assists in the preparation of orders and distribution of choral and orchestral music for the concert season.
4. Assists in the logistics, scheduling, and other concert performance tasks as needed.
5. Attends all dress rehearsals and performances, unless excused by the Managing Director
6. Serves as House Manager at all concerts and attends to production details.
7. Liaison between audio and visual recording engineers.
8. Oversees and maintains the CD duplication process and database.
1. Works with the volunteers to ensure press releases and calendar listings are completed and distributed to local media outlets.
2. Ensures that the website and social media are regularly updated and engaging.
3. Assists in the preparation of the FCS newsletter and season brochure.
1. Manages the general daily office activities.
2. Answers the telephone and responds to email messages
3. Opens incoming mail and refers correspondence to appropriate people.
4. Maintains office supply inventory.
5. Keeps current all databases.
1. Pursues additional outreach activities for the adult and youth choruses.
2. Assists with all fundraising efforts, at the direction of the Managing Director.
3. Troubleshoots computer/technical issues.
Bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years of administrative, operations, and/or customer service experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills required.
Ability to work with accuracy, attention to detail, and as part of a team.
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs required, Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
Experience working with social media and websites or ability to learn, some HTML knowledge encouraged.
Interest in arts and music a must; background in arts and/or music preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Director of Operations|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Fairfax Choral Society|
|• Location:||Annandale, Virginia, United States|