Full-Time Job Director of Marketing and Patron Services
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Marketing and Patron Services is responsible for the overall stewardship, strategy, and management of the Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation’s (dba Luther Burbank Center for the Arts) brand identity as a community-based, non-profit performing arts center committed to enriching, educating and entertaining the people of California’s North Bay region and beyond. The Director is responsible for the development, management and execution of marketing, public relations, entry-level membership, and ticketing strategies that help build and increase audiences and ticket sales, organizational awareness in the community, rental clients, and members/donors for the Center. The position works collaboratively with the board and staff leadership of the Programming and Education & Outreach, Development, Business Partnerships & Community Rentals, and Operations departments to help support and achieve the organization ‘s earned and contributed income goals.
The Director performs the following duties personally or oversees their execution through the department’s staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• In consultation with the President & CEO, board committee(s), and staff leadership, develops annual and long-range marketing, public relations, entry-level membership ($75 to $599), and patron services/ticket office plans to achieve the earned and contributed income goals (totaling approximately $11 million), as well as the consistent brand image, of the Center.
• Develops and oversees execution of detailed plans, budgets, schedules and purchases for multifaceted promotional campaigns, which include, but are not limited to, print and electronic advertising, publications, promotional materials, displays, direct mail, e-mail, public relations, personal sales, the website, and social media.
• Develops and oversees execution of plans to acquire, review, upgrade and steward more than 1300 members (at the $75 – $599 levels). Works with Director of Development and President/CEO to continue building a “culture of philanthropy.”
• Plans and implements strategies to increase loyalty in a single-ticket driven environment.
• Oversees the development and execution of all public relations strategies and functions with local, regional, and national media to ensure maximum visibility and coverage for the Center, and may serve as a press spokesperson, as appropriate.
• Develops and implements strategies to reach new and under-served audiences, members, and donors; and to cultivate existing audiences, members, and donors towards a deeper involvement with the Center.
• Serves as the lead staff member responsible for market research and analysis, and in planning for, ensuring, and measuring patron satisfaction.
• Works with other staff leadership to provide management support in long-range planning, strategic initiatives, and on-going analysis and evaluation of major decisions concerning the organization.
• Serves as primary staff liaison to the Marketing Committee of the board of directors .
• Manages a department of five direct reports: Associate Director of Marketing, Patron Services Manager, Membership Manager, Graphics Coordinator, and Marketing Coordinator. Currently, the Center employs an external public relations consulting firm with oversight by this position.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience; Master’s degree a plus; minimum seven (7) years related experience in marketing and public relations in the non-profit performing arts and/or entertainment field. Relevant experience in marketing planning and current marketing strategies, especially as they relate to non-profits and the performing arts. Familiarity with artists and the art forms of theater, dance, and music-from a variety of cultures and genres-is a plus.
Critical Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of the arts and entertainment industries, and arts and entertainment marketing techniques:
• print and broadcast media including its needs and formats
• direct mail marketing
• single-ticket and subscription campaigns
• social media and web-based advertising
• Involvement with contributed revenue generation.
• Ability to evaluate marketing trends and analyses. Analytical skills to interpret data and prepare conclusions and recommendations based upon information collected.
• Knowledge of financial management to allocate resources; prepare and manage marketing, entry-level membership and patron services budgets; analyze financial data; and project income.
• Ability to manage complex strategic plans and programs; work effectively under constant deadlines ; requires excellent organizational and time management skills, and careful attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and communication skills; ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral format. Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Ability to attract, manage, motivate, and retain top talent.
• Knowledge of or experience in graphic design and page layout computer programs, and working with designers and printing firms to see jobs taken from conception to final product.
• Ability to develop “grassroots” contacts among a broad range of constituencies.
Measures of Success:
• Enhanced revenue from increased audiences and ticket sales, rental customers, and members/donors .
• Expanded number of entry-level memberships .
• Deeper engagement of current patrons as measured by increases in the percentage of multiple-event ticket-buyers, higher average memberships/donations, higher renewal rates, and growth of repeat rental clients from season to season.
• Increased media attention for the non-profit mission of the Center.
• Management of expenses to budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to HR@lutherburbankcenter.org
|• Job Title:||Director of Marketing and Patron Services|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Luther Burbank Center for the arts|
|• Location:||Santa Rosa, California, United States|