Full-Time Job Director of Marketing and Communications
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Marketing and Communications for the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center (GPAC) at Auburn University is responsible for directing, developing, and implementing marketing and communication strategies in patron development for the multiuse performing arts venue hosting professional, university, and community performances; art events; community activities; and academic programs opening in the Fall of 2019.
The successful candidate will have expertise in the development and assessment of strategic performing arts marketing, communication, and patron service programs at a university or similar setting. The individual will also coordinate efforts with other campus units in the support of integrated marketing strategies at Auburn University.
Reporting to the Executive Director for the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center, the Director of Marketing and Communications is a part of the center’s senior staff, which includes the Directors of Development, Operations, Production, and Education & Engagement.
The following essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon unit needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
1. Directs the administrative, managerial, and functional duties in relation to marketing, communications, and patron services at the GPAC.
2. Develops and implements strategic integrated marketing and communication plans for the GPAC, which insures cohesive departmental and institutional brands, while meeting/exceeding annual revenue goals.
3. Plans, manages, and executes the development, implementation, and execution of a GPAC brand at Auburn University.
4. Reviews, manages, and supervises all marketing communications, creative concepts, advertising, media scheduling, social media, digital media, and public relations at the GPAC.
5. Plans, directs, and executes all season campaigns and single ticket initiatives to meet/exceed annual revenue goals.
6. Defines and assesses opportunities for the development of new audiences.
7. Devises and supervises database and market research projects including analysis and interpretation of data for ongoing improvement of marketing plans.
8. Collaborates with Development and other senior team members to deploy marketing and communication strategies in support of institutional patron development goals.
9. Hires, supervises, motivates, and supports a strong and strategically-focused marketing team including but not limited to staff in marketing, communications, public relations, digital media, social media, graphic design, web design, patron services, ticketing, and customer relations.
10. A working knowledge of Tessitura, or similar ticketing/CRM module is required.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or relevant field; 6 years experience in marketing, communications services, and patron service programs; knowledge of various marketing and communication theories, concepts, techniques, mediums and strategies; marketing and communication supervisory experience with performing arts programs or similar organizations; ability to write for various audiences and in various formats. Employer will consider advanced relevant degrees in lieu of experience.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references. Only applicants who submit a complete application packet containing all these items will be accepted for review.
APPLY ONLINE USING THE URL BELOW:
Job Category: Administrative Grade 34 and above
Salary Grade: 37
Salary Range: $68,700 – $114,500
Close date is October 6, 2017
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center, made possible through a lead gift from 1957 Auburn graduates John and Rosemary Brown, will enhance the university’s academic endeavors and establish it as a culturally minded institution. Designed to increase the breadth of cultural expression found in the transformative power of the arts, Auburn University’s new world-class performing arts center will enrich the artistic life and profile of the university, the state, and the region. Housing functional spaces with superior acoustics and fully integrated technology, the new facility will include a 1,200-seat main theatre, an open lobby, and an amphitheater that will serve as an additional performance venue. The Gogue Center will open in August 2019.
|• Job Title:||Director of Marketing and Communications|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University|
|• Location:||Auburn, Alabama, United States|