Part-Time Job Director of Educational Programming
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Quintessence Theatre Group now accepting applications:
Title: Director of Educational Programming
Reports to: Managing Director
Status: Part Time Permanent/Non-exempt Position. 20 hours/week, some flexibility in work times and hours. May work from home as well as from Quintessence theater/office.
The Director of Educational Programming is responsible for overseeing Quintessence Theatre Group’s existing educational programming and helping to develop new programming, including a summer Shakespeare camp. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Educational Programming will be part of the exciting expansion and growth of an award-winning professional classic theater company located in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia.
• Oversee internal programming (e.g. Student Matinees, Workshops, Camp) and external programming (e.g. school visits, lectures, educational tours)
• Work with executive staff and Board to develop new programs
• Devise and implement processes to evaluate programming
• Manage logistics related to educational programs including travel, scheduling and marketing
• Maintain calendar of programs; communicate with appropriate people about upcoming events
• Supervise continuing education events (e.g. pre-and post-show discussions, lectures, readings)
• Serve as point of contact for schools (K-12), colleges, universities, and continuing education
• Coordinate all public relations including website updates, newsletters, social media
• Create databases to record information required for reports to government agencies and foundations
• Work with executive staff to conceptualize and prepare grants
• Perform other duties as needed
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in theater, preferably theater education
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel software
• Experience in grant writing highly desirable
• Understanding of and love for classic theater highly desirable
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Must have ready access to transportation for school visits
Quintessence Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Patricia Stranahan, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Educational Programming” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide references. No phone calls please. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Learn more at www.quintessencetheatre.org
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|• Job Title:||Director of Educational Programming|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Quintessence Theatre Group|
|• Location:||Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States|