Full-Time Job Director of Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vincent Price Art Museum Foundation (VPAMF)
Director of Development
The Vincent Price Art Museum (VPAM) located on the campus of East LA College, serves a diverse student and community population. Established in 1957 as a small gallery, VPAM now inhabits a 40,000 square foot space and is poised for growth as a direct result of its thoughtful, innovative, and culturally diverse exhibitions that, in the past two years, have received national recognition and acclaim.
VPAM is a unique educational resource that seeks to promote knowledge, inspire creative thinking, and deepen an understanding of an appreciation for the visual arts. VPAM provides an environment to encounter a range of aesthetic expressions that illuminate the depth and diversity of artwork produced by people of the world, both contemporary and past.
The Vincent Price Art Museum Foundation’s (VPAMF) charitable purpose is to support the museum’s growth as a cultural center that benefits the college and its community. In support of the museum’s mission the foundation has approved a new Director of Development position. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for our mission and dedicate themselves to growing our resources and broadening our impact.
The VPAMF invites applicants with a commitment to diversity and an understanding of the emerging Latinx voice in the museum field to consider joining our efforts on behalf of The Vincent Price Museum and the community it serves.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT: NEW POSITION
The ideal candidate has three to five years of experience in development at non-profit or arts related organizations, a strong investment in the visual arts, strong donor relations with foundations, corporations and individual supporters, and proven success in grant writing. Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, be an effective collaborator, and have experience managing volunteers.
Reporting directly to the VPAM Foundation with oversight from the VPAM director, the Director of Development role is to advance and implement the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives including; the growth of the museum’s $600K budget, communicating with current and prospective donors, increasing and managing individual, corporate and foundation gifts, planning and implementing annual giving campaigns, developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts to grow the museum’s endowment, and building a stronger public and fiscal profile for VPAMF.
● Develop and oversee annual fundraising programs, including annual appeal, and fundraising events
● Manage grant writing, reports, and grant compliance
● Serve as a point of contact for existing and prospective donors maintain ongoing communication
● Manage fulfillment of donor benefits
● Works with VPAMF to organize bi-monthly meetings, draft meeting agendas and maintain records of meeting including minutes, and any other relevant documents
● Work with VPAMF and the VPAM Director to provide financial projections for fundraising events, as well as developing and monitoring budgets for related fundraising activities by the Foundation
● Researches donor relation programs at local, state, and federal art institutions
● Work with VPAMF and the VPAM Director to identify, develop and cultivate new donor relationships
● Assembles and implements assessment tools to analyze donor engagement, with the goal of increasing the Foundation’s fundraising activities
● As needed, recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for fundraising events
● Oversee marketing collateral materials related to fundraising in collaboration with the museum’s graphic designer
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Art Administration/Management, Art Business, Business Administration, Communications or equivalent degree/work experience required
● Knowledgeable of current practices in art museum donor programs
● Three to five years working in museum, art or education related nonprofit environment
● Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
● Proficiency in the use of Google Drive
● Superb verbal and communication skills
● Ability to communicate concepts and ideas
● Familiarity with donor database programs
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work effectively independently and with a group
● Familiarity with best practices in development in art museums
● The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● This is an exempt position and requires the ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
Please send resume and cover letter by January 19th, 2018 to:
|• Job Title:||Director of Development|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Vincent Price Museum Foundation|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|