Full-Time Job Director of Artistic Programing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
DIRECTOR OF ARTISTIC PROGRAMS
The DAP will be a leader and visionary, with a passion for the artistic process, and eager to foster the growth of residency and exhibition programs at The Soap Factory. The DAP will work with artists to create new works, new interpretations of contemporary visual, cultural, and experimental art.
The DAP is responsible for the development, implementation, promotion, funding, and delivery of effective and relevant artist in residence program (AIR), exhibitions, artists’ studios and other artistic programming at The Soap Factory. The programs should be developed in the wider cultural context of contemporary art, have potential to expand the influence of and on The Soap Factory beyond the Midwest region and be closely aligned to the mission and ethos of The Soap Factory.
SPECIFICALLY THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR WILL:
• Oversee The Soap Factory Artists in Residence program
• Curate and/or oversee exhibition development, design, and installation at TSF
• Develop and Oversee management of the Soap Factory studio program
• Manage overall program integration and cohesion in conjunction with staff and Program Committee input
• Create, fund, and monitor budgets for each Program, consistent with the overall Board-approved budgets
• Liaise directly with artists in the exhibition and promotion of artwork and exhibitions for The Soap Factory.
• Liaise with and support partnerships and projects that engage community participation, engagement and exchange.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to prioritize long-term, sustainable strategies for the organization at an overall management level.
• Work closely with program staff to create a holistic program that properly reflects The Soap Factory’s mission.
• Lead on the development of The Soap Factory’s Residency & Studio programs.
• Contribute to the overall vision for the Program at TSF through research, curating and writing
• A relevant degree in the history of art, curating, program development or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in a comparable role or position
• Demonstrable work experience curating art projects and programs
• Demonstrable knowledge of and involvement in contemporary art
• Demonstrable knowledge of Artist in Residence programs
• Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills, with ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple activities to meet deadlines
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Skilled negotiator with aptitude for managing different types of relationships
• Proven capacity to work in a team setting and in a community-based environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please respond via email with CV, letter of interest, application materials, and salary requirements (if any) to email@example.com .
Please do not submit your materials by mail or in person.
The Soap Factory is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages people of color and people with disabilities to apply.
Please include the following in your application:
Letter of interest
CV and list of references (no letters).
• Provide images of your exhibition/programming sufficient to illustrate excellence in your work.
• A minimum of 9 images is required.
• Additional materials including program descriptions, scholarly writing, documentation, peer reviews, catalogues, and articles may also be provided.
• Provide one grant writing sample or excerpt by the applicant that was successful, limited to 2 pages.
Application period opens: October 2, 2017
Application period closes: November 22nd (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Application Review Panel: November 27 – December 7, 2017
Invitations to Interview Sent: December 15, 2017
Interviews Scheduled: December 18, 2017 – January 15, 2018
Offer of Employment: February 1, 2018
Expected Start Date: March 1, 2018
|• Job Title:||Director of Artistic Programing|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Soap Factory|
|• Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|