Part-Time Job Digital Media Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Digital Media Coordinator works with diverse Museum departments—exhibitions, education, membership, development, events, and visitor services—and will actively organize and archive content and update The Aldrich’s newly redesigned website to ensure timely and accurate information is posted in a way to make the site dynamic, accessible, and engaging. This position will also schedule, develop, and format all Aldrich e-newsletters across all departments, and create and manage a digital archive of all exhibitions, programs, and events.
• Format content for, regularly review, update, and maintain the Museum’s website
• Update, review, and maintain online retail and ticketing platforms
• Develop online outreach materials, including monthly e-news, dedicated program e-blasts, press e-blasts and invitations, event e-invites, annual appeals, etc.
• Digitize archival material as necessary to create a robust exhibition history for the Museum’s website
• Participate in regular meetings with external affairs, education, and exhibitions staff to identify e-blast and website needs
• Archive and track all exhibition, program, event, and institutional video/photography
• Create and maintain online exhibitions archive, including PDFs of Aldrich publications
• Develop illustrated exhibition checklists
• Other special projects as assigned by the Communications Manager, Graphic Designer or Head of Strategic Partnerships
• Fluent in Photoshop (InDesign and Illustrator a plus), with a strong understanding of producing and optimizing media for the web
• Ability to collaborate well; comfortable working with a broad range of Museum personnel, including curators, educators, technology designers, and development, marketing, and communications staff
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Front and back end e-commerce experience a plus
• Knowledge of video editing a plus
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to the Museum’s mission, to working to advance its position within the museum field, and the ability to advocate effectively for the Museum and its goals in professional and social settings.
Position available immediately.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Media Coordinator.”
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Founded in 1964, The Aldrich is dedicated to fostering the work of pioneering artists whose ideas and interpretations of the world around us serve as a platform to encourage creative thinking. The only museum in Connecticut devoted to the art of our time, throughout its fifty-three year history it has been a leader in shaping current cultural dialogue, presenting innovative exhibitions of contemporary art, engaging the community through thought-provoking interdisciplinary programs, and presenting groundbreaking educational initiatives.
|• Job Title:||Digital Media Coordinator|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum|
|• Location:||Ridgefield, Connecticut, United States|