Full-Time Job Department of Art – Ceramics
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Art Department of Monmouth College, a selective, private, residential liberal arts college in Illinois, invites applications for an Assistant Professor, tenure-track position with a primary focus in Ceramics to begin August 2017. As a small liberal arts college, we place equal value on teaching, service, and professional art practices. We seek a colleague who is collaborative and versatile. Please note the qualifications described below, and address them in your cover letter.
• An MFA in ceramics or other relevant discipline
• Ability to teach wheel-thrown and hand-built techniques and manage all aspects of the ceramics studio
• Ability to contribute to our Foundations curriculum by teaching Design (2-d & 3-d)
• Ability to contribute to our Advanced art major courses including Exhibition and Critique
• An established personal and professional practice of making and exhibiting art
• A commitment to a liberal arts teaching environment
• Three-years of college-level teaching experience
• Experience with the installation of exhibitions or with managing a college art gallery
• Experience / Interest in teaching Art History (survey and/or special topics courses)
• Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary teaching and for participating in general education, including Monmouth’s Integrated Studies Curriculum
To apply, submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, transcripts, artist statement, teaching philosophy, sample syllabi, three letters of reference, 20 images of artworks, and 20 images of student work.
You may submit all materials via email (images can be assembled into two pdf files, or include a link to the images on the web) to email@example.com .
Review of applications will begin January 6th, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Located in the welcoming community of Monmouth, Illinois, the college is a member of the prestigious Associated Colleges of the Midwest. Following the adoption and implementation of a groundbreaking interdisciplinary general education curriculum and the continuation of a bold strategic plan entitled “Think Anew, Act Anew,” the college is now prepared to move confidently forward as an innovator among liberal arts colleges.
Monmouth is again in the top tier of the US News ranking for National Liberal Arts Colleges, was just ranked 77th out of 239 national liberal arts colleges by the Washington Monthly, and was recognized in the top 5% of US Colleges by College Factual for colleges that provide value for students.
|• Job Title:||Department of Art – Ceramics|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Monmouth College|
|• Location:||Monmouth, Illinois, United States|