Full-Time Job Administrative Assistant – Painting and Sculpture
• Performs administrative duties and supports curatorial staff through work on various projects, including exhibitions, publications, collection display, and acquisitions.
• Maintains calendars, schedules meetings, answers phone calls, drafts correspondence, maintains filing system, and opens and sorts mail.
• Makes business travel arrangements for curatorial staff and prepares detailed itineraries.
• Executes travel and entertainment expense reports.
• Prepares PowerPoint and presentation materials for committee presentations, lectures, and special projects.
• Liaises with external constituents, including scholars, artists, lenders, Museum trustees, and art dealers.
• Answers queries that come through the department’s general telephone line, and via mail and email.
• Occasionally supervises visitors to the department’s Study Center. Assists with various aspects of exhibition and catalogue preparation and execution.
• Reports to Department Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 18 months prior administrative experience relevant to the position, or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Gmail, and facility with Internet research.
• Knowledge of and interest in contemporary and modern art.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must work well under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
The Museum of Modern Art job application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By email: email@example.com (most preferred option)
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
If submitting by email, please send us your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
|• Job Title:||Administrative Assistant – Painting and Sculpture|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Museum of Modern Art’|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|