Full-Time Job Curatorial Assistant – Drawings and Prints
• Assists senior curatorial staff in all areas of their responsibilities, including research for exhibitions and publications; administrative work in the context of curatorial functions such as acquisitions, exhibitions, collections records, bibliographic and biographical records and files; departmental committee meetings; loans; and general curatorial inquiries.
• Performs work in relation to care of the collection and expedites arrangements for custodial, registration, and preparation work as required by the curators in the maintenance of the collection in gallery, study, and storage areas.
• Conducts daily collection gallery inspections and assists with follow-up arrangements in the event of damage, deterioration, etc.
• Performs the duties of exhibitions assistant, including research on subjects such as artists, periods, styles, etc.; on specific works; on locations of works; on photograph sources; etc.
• Assists with arranging loans; catalogue preparation; preparation of checklists, including compiling and typing; and coordinating and scheduling work to be done within the Museum and without in such areas as conservation, photography, public information, matting and framing, construction, lighting, etc.
• Assists with the preparation and installation of wall labels. Conducts daily inspection of the works on view in temporary exhibitions and assists with necessary follow-up arrangements, answers inquiries, and conducts some gallery tours as necessary for visitors, etc.
• Researches and catalogs the Museum’s collection under senior staff supervision and answers related inquiries from the public and scholars.
• Reports to senior curatorial titles as assigned.
• Master’s degree in art history strongly preferred, with a particular expertise/exposure to art from 1880 to 1950.
• Some prior curatorial experience is a plus.
• Superior research and writing skills and fluency in French and/or German (reading, writing, speaking).
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and other standard office procedures and equipment.
HOW TO APPLY
The Museum of Modern Art job application guidelines
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please choose one of the following options:
By email: email@example.com (most preferred option)
By fax: (212) 333-1107
By mail: The Museum of Modern Art
The Department of Human Resources
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019
If submitting by email, please send us your resume and cover letter as one document in PDF format.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are able to contact only those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Museum of Modern Art.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
|• Job Title:||Curatorial Assistant – Drawings and Prints|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The Museum of Modern Art’|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|