Full-Time Job Creative Producing Fellow
Opera House Arts, a non-profit theatre with an annual operating budget of $650,000, seeks qualified and passionate applicants for the position of Creative Producing Fellow.
The Fellowship is a 10-month residency with the company that mentors theatre makers interested in exploring the intersections of artistic and community practice in a rural community, and pursuing a career in the professional theatre. The appointed Fellow will work alongside OHA’s core team on devising and producing the company’s year-round community and artistic program, and the 2018 summer season.
The Fellow will work on special projects in support of the Producing Artistic Director, including board relations, budget analysis, contract development and tracking, and will spearhead artist housing and company management. Successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with arts-related experience and training, with a strong interest in not-for-profit leadership, the ability to work independently and the willingness to tackle a variety of projects.
The role of the Fellow will be devised on appointment, however at this stage we anticipate some of the core functions to include:
Artistic Planning & Communications
• Collaborate with OHA Producing Artistic Director and the core team to create and produce a program of community, educational and artistic programs
• Undertake research related to projects in development including funding sources and potential audience groups
• Develop capstone project to culminate Fellowship at OHA
Contracts and Rights
• Coordinate with Actors Equity Association for season approval, casting and contracts
• Secure rights for theatrical productions in both staged readings and summer season
• Create and track all seasonal and artist contracts
Casting and Artist Support
• Secure audition spaces, place audition notices and coordinate actors’ audition slots
• Serve as company manager for summer season – secure and coordinate travel and housing for all incoming artists
Board Relations & Support
• In conjunction with the Producing Artistic Director and Director of Development, cultivate and steward the Board of Directors.
• Provide meeting support for three meetings of the BoD: set-up and catering, minute-taking and dissemination, follow-up on action items
The Fellow will be mentored by the Producing Artistic Director in all facets of creative producing and work in deep collaboration with the team of 3 full-time and 2 part-time staff members. This fellowship will also share responsibility for keeping the office organized and running (which means some proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Quickbooks will be useful.)
Dates: The Fellowship is a full-time, full-season commitment, starting on November 1, 2017 and runs through August 31, 2018.
Compensation: Weekly stipend of $425, health insurance, housing.
Application: Interested applicants should submit a resume along with a letter of 650-1000 words that speaks to how the Fellowship might fit into the exploration of your own work — i.e. why now and why OHA?
OHA is accepting applications from now thru August 31 and they will be interviewing candidates throughout the first two weeks of September.
|• Job Title:||Creative Producing Fellow|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Opera House Arts|
|• Location:||Stonington, Maine, United States|