Full-Time Communications Director – Gallery
• The communications director reports to the deputy director and director and works closely with the curatorial, design, visitor services, membership, and retail departments to increase the Neue Galerie’s public profile and to enhance the institution’s engagement with various constituencies
• Serves as principal owner of the Neue Galerie’s relationships with major media outlets at the international, national, regional, and local level across print, television, radio, film, and online outlets. The communications director is the main point of contact for information and image requests and is responsible for active maintenance of the museum’s press list
• Primary functions include the development of strategic communications campaigns, writing of press material, organization of press previews, and actively pitching editors on behalf of exhibition programming and the shops. Responsibilities also include the coordination of features profiling the museum’s founder, director, curators, and artistic collaborators, and the tracking, archiving, and reporting weekly on earned media coverage.
• Produces film, television, and photo shoots when the scale and scope of projects align with the museum’s mission and brand. Works across departments to ensure all staff members are adequately briefed and that productions run smoothly and on schedule
• Serves as chief brand manager and content creator for the Neue Galerie’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. Develops and realizes in-house photography and video content such as stock press photography, Youtube content, and the livestreaming of lectures, etc.
• Liaises across departments to ensure website information is published on schedule and remains consistent with Neue Galerie’s unique voice REQUIREMENTS
• 4-5 years of communications and marketing experience in the world of visual culture with a bachelors in art history, fine art, museum studies, or journalism preferred
• A positive attitude, sense of humor, flexibility, good listening skills and the ability to engage in frequent and focused communications with colleagues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An in-depth understanding of the social media landscape and best practices for email marketing, SEO and SEM
• Experience producing shoots and events in a unique physical space
• Shares the enthusiasm of our very hard-working work staff for German and Austrian fine and decorative art of the early twentieth century
• Germany fluency a plus Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
HAW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job