Full-Time Collection / Archives Manager
The studio of an established contemporary artist seeks a dynamic manager to lead the long-term planning and every day activities of the artist’s collection and archives.
The ideal candidate will have strong interest and knowledge of contemporary art with high commitment to the care and management of art objects and archival assets.
The manager will be responsible for planning and coordinating logistics related to the collection including:
- Arranging local transportation, artwork handling, soft packing and labeling as needed.
- Facilitating communications with registrars at borrowing institutions regarding loan procedures (discussing crating, shipping, conservation, insurance, and release and receipt of loans and condition
Additionally, the manager will coordinate the work of the archives team; their day-to-day work includes tasks such as:
- Inventory, storage, transport, and care of archival assets (physical and digital)
- Research and Publications: Assisting with inquiries from researchers, curators, press, publishers, fact checking and facilitating image permissions for such inquiries and for exhibition catalogue publications.
- Documentation: Communicating with video and photo documentarians, retrieving and managing video and photo assets.
• Advanced degree in Museum Studies, Art History, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Ability to plan or envision archival and collection management solutions and lead their implementation
• Experience with collection management procedures
• Experience with loan procedures, including crating, shipment, and insurance coordination
• Familiarity with art handling and artwork conservation practices
• Familiarity with archival standards, cataloguing, and archival databases
• Some art handling and lifting required
• Speaking and reading ability in Mandarin Chinese a plus
• Ability to adapt to multilingual environments and foreign working styles
This is a full time position with benefits, including paid vacation and health and travel insurances. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a position that may require travel and overtime hours.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
|• Job Title:||Collection / Archives Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Artist Studio|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|