Freelance Job Children’s Book Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Susan Adam, founder of Art in Real Life (as yet unlaunched), is looking for a children’s book designer for a series of discussion/instructional books exploring the role of the arts in children’s everyday lives. The intention is to promote closeness among readers, linking art concepts to personal stories. This non-standard approach will initially require considerable collaboration to develop an overall visual strategy and style.
• Overall cover design strategy: DOE $500 – $1000
• Individual book design: DOE $500 – $1000.
• Design books from concept through print
• Prepare digital files for printing and oversee print production
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor of Arts degree, graphic design degree, or equivalent, preferred
• Expert Mac user in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
• Experience with digital pre-press
• Experience in children’s book publishing industry a plus
• Good collaborator
• Freelance experience a plus
• Design portfolio is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and pdf file of examples of your work to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Children’s Book Designer|
|• Job Type:||Freelance Job|
|• Employer:||Art in Real Life|