Full-Time Job Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Develop, implement and monitor policies, procedures and programs relating to financial and statistical reporting and control of organization assets and funds. Coordinate financial aspects of implementation of the organization’s 10-year strategic plan. Advise and counsel management and Board of Trustees regarding operating results. Coordinate the development and tracking of the annual budget and long-range financial plans. Oversee information technology and administrative functions of the Houston Symphony Society.
• Job Location: Jones Hall – Houston, Texas
• Education Level: Graduate Degree
• Job Category: Finance
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure ongoing development and control of financial, information technology and administrative policies and procedures and internal controls, including those relating to accounting, auditing, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, information technology, inventories and administrative services.
• Work with the Executive Director/CEO, Senior Management Group, Finance Department Staff, Board Chair of Finance and Board Finance Committee in the development and reporting of financial objectives for the Society.
• Develop and lead reports to a variety of Board Committees, including the Finance Committee, Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Pension Committee as well as the Governing Directors, Board of Trustees and Houston Symphony Endowment Trustees.
• Serve as the key financial representative on Pension and Endowment decisions related to the Society.
• Along with the Executive Director/CEO, serve as primary staff liaison with the Society’s legal counsel.
• Direct long-range financial planning
• Direct the planning and administration of activities relating to the management and control of cash flows and banking relations. Ensure working capital and debt facilities are available and optimized for the organization.
• Direct the planning and administration of activities relating to the management and control of investments. Actively participate in developing investment policies and strategies. Provide key interface with fund managers and ensure proper accounting for all transactions.
• Supervise the work of the Finance, Accounting, Information Technology and Administration functional areas and staff members.
• Oversee the timely preparation and maintenance of all accounting records to facilitate financial/statistical reporting to internal management, Board of Trustees, and to the public.
• Oversee preparation of the annual operating P/L and cash budgets and forecasts; comparison of actual results to plan, variance analysis and recommendations to budget revisions.
• Oversee the purchase, repair and maintenance of all Information Technology and Office equipment
• Direct preparation for audits. Ensure responses and/or corrective actions are completed regarding auditor’s findings and recommendations in consultation with Finance Committee. Review audit needs of the Houston Symphony Society, planning of audit and make recommendation as to selection of auditors. Develop internal audit procedures to monitor whether systems are functioning as planned.
• Direct the monitoring and compliance with the terms and conditions of all planned gifts.
• Carefully manage cash flows through the maintenance of close relationships with all departments, with focus on revenue-generating areas of the business and expense controls
• Direct the preparation and maintenance of all payroll records and reporting, assure compliance to all legal requirements and organization objectives.
• Coordinate the administration of all operating leases and contracts, including: insurance, audit services, building lease, maintenance contracts and other services.
• Prepare operating budget and forecasts for all financial functions. Monitor revenues and expenses against approved budget. Recommend and monitor expense control initiatives.
• Assure compliance with all financial/tax reporting requirements of governmental agencies and foundations.
• Attend concerts and events, and perform concert duty as needed
• BS in Accounting or Finance
• MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
• 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership role; non-profit or performing arts industry preferred.
• Strong leadership and team management skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• PC and Excel proficiency is essential. Knowledge or ability to quickly master Financial Edge and Adaptive Planning software.
To apply please follow the link: https://goo.gl/EhFK8Y
Visit our list of opportunities: https://www.houstonsymphony.org/Careers/
Founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony is one of America’s oldest performing arts organizations with a distinguished musical history. The Houston Symphony performs over 170 concerts for more than 350,000 people every year, featuring an innovative and broad spectrum of classical, popular, education and community-based symphonic programming.
The Houston Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workplace.
|• Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Houston Symphony|
|• Location:||Houston, Texas, United States|