Full-Time Job Digital Producer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• Job location: Manhattan, New York
• Department: COMM, Communications & Marketing
• Job type: Full-Time Regular
The New York Public Library seeks an exceptional Digital Producer to manage and elevate our podcasting program. The position requires a creative and entrepreneurial mindset to help improve our current podcasts and develop new products. The ideal candidate is an expert audio producer with podcasting experience. They are a self-starter who’s comfortable pitching original ideas and seeing them through to deliver outstanding final products. They must have a passion for storytelling and all things audio. They will collaborate with partners from across the Library including Public Programs, Readers Services, and research divisions. As a member of the Digital Media team they will also provide support and assistance on various other projects as needed.
The Digital Producer will report into the Digital Media Team, part of Communications & Marketing. We are responsible for creating original audio, video, and photo content that promotes the Library’s mission and initiatives. Our efficient and nimble team produces two weekly podcasts as well as a wide array of video and photography. Our goals is to create compelling original content that supports the mission of the library while entertaining and informing our users on the platforms they love.
- Lead producer for NYPL’s podcasting program; including gathering, recording, editing, and publishing audio on various channels
- Assess our current podcasts and contribute innovative ideas to bring them to the next level
- Lead development of new audio projects in partnership with the Director and other library partners
- Produce and distribute relevant promotional assets
- Monitor, analyze, and report on podcasting analytics
- Be adaptable and flexible to provide general support to the Digital Media Team on other projects
- Find creative ways to align podcast content to NYPL’s larger editorial calendar of initiatives
- 3-5 years of professional experience in audio journalism or related work experience. Strong knowledge of best practices for recording and editing on professional equipment and software.
- Must submit strong portfolio of audio work and a cover letter describing how your experience makes you the perfect person to take NYPL’s podcasts to the next level.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail, ability to simplify complex ideas and write excellent headlines
- Must thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to move quickly from one project to another, while exercising strong time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative, team-based work environment
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Primarily based at our midtown offices but must also be willing to travel throughout our 92 locations in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island
- Primarily work regular hours but these will change some weeks as projects require
Union / Non Union: Non Union
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job position please follow the link and search for job ID 2017-9827
|• Job Title:||Digital Producer|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||New York Public Library|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|