Full-Time Job Bursar
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The School of American Ballet (SAB), located at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City, seeks a full-time Bursar. SAB is the official academy of New York City Ballet and enrolls almost 900 students annually in its winter and summer training programs. It is an independent 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization. As a member of the Finance department, the Bursar is responsible for student billing, collections, disbursements, and maintenance of student accounts. The Bursar also handles bank deposits and income posting. This position requires strong accounting, reconciliation, and communication skills.
The School of American Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Create and distribute electronic tuition agreements to invited families, and assist families in completing agreements
• Act as liaison between the School and TADS, third party tuition payment processing company
• Record student tuition, fees and other receivables in TADS tuition management module and school’s general ledger
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of student accounts and lead monthly staff student billing review meetings
• Monitor accounts receivable and manage tuition collection process
• Process incidental billing, refunds and other adjustments to student accounts
• Communicate with families regarding tuition and billing related inquiries
• Responsible for processing all bank deposits and posting of income received via cash, check, credit card or electronic transfer
• Participate in year-end closing, and annual audit
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field of study
• Strong understanding of accounting principles
• At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in a school or not-for-profit administration setting
• Experience with cash collection procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and TADS tuition management systems helpful
• Excellent Excel and Word skills
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Exhibit discretion and professionalism
Submit resume and cover letter with expected salary to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The School of American Ballet offers an outstanding benefit package.
|• Job Title:||Bursar|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||The School of American Ballet|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|