Full-Time Job Booking and Revenue Development Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an accomplished booking and revenue development manager with a minimum of five years’ experience in booking and revenue development in a performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public facility.
Position’s focus is to create a lively and thriving Frauenthal Center.
Applicant will be responsible for maintaining current relationship with existing promoter clients while cultivating new event opportunities which will financially benefit the Frauenthal Center.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Develop and execute booking and sales strategies to secure performances and event rental business for the Frauenthal Center.
Identify and develop new clients and events to increase activity and revenues at the Center.
Follow up on leads generated by outside sources and maintain a high level of overall industry awareness.
Establish and maintain solid professional relationship with existing client base to encourage and grow future business.
Negotiate and create venue contracts, book and schedule performances with promoters, agents and businesses.
Full Time position varies based on event schedule and department needs, and will include all shifts including weekends and holidays.
Bachelor degree in business administration, marketing, theater or a related field; and four years
experience in a performing arts center or similar industry-related facility with responsibilities including direct booking; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Expected to have existing relationship with national promoters, agents and managers, and possess the ability effectively to conduct contract negotiations.
Applicant is responsible for directing organization marketing and communications efforts to position the Frauenthal Center as a group, meeting, event and leisure destination.
This position sets strategic direction for the organization’s digital marketing, website, advertising, visitor services, publications and public relations efforts. Strategic planning and relationship building skills are essential roles of the position.
The successful applicant will:
• Possess a working knowledge of contract negotiation with entertainment/ production companies and presenters, the experience in booking and scheduling entertainment and performances in a public facility and the ability to negotiate, review and execute client contracts.
• Apply their knowledge of audiences, ensuring a balance between different types of productions, being aware of which productions have been well received elsewhere and accepting new work offered by reputable production companies.
• Be responsible for developing and executing all aspects of local and state public out-reach campaigns to increase media exposure and support the strategic marketing initiatives of the Frauenthal Center.
• Be efficient in producing effective advertising, print, and promotional materials to market upcoming events in the Frauenthal Center and will be responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing, and evaluating marketing, public relations, publications, and group marketing activities in support of Frauenthal events.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication.
• Be responsible for identifying and implementing meaningful visibility/promotional opportunities that advance the Frauenthal Center’s public relations goals.
• Be responsible for developing long-term marketing and sales strategies, supporting the Frauenthal Center’s brand identity.
• Retain strong partnerships with local and state marketing counterparts and industry representatives.
• Develop and implement strategies for positioning the organization and its reputation, relevance and value within the community.
• Develop packages, sponsorship and advertising opportunities with local partners.
• Closely monitor industry trends and local issues impacting the organization and destination marketing.
Applicant will be responsible for:
• Networking with local industry, local communities, educational organizations, relevant bodies and the public.
• Promoting arts participation in the community, which may include visiting schools, colleges, community centers and youth clubs to encourage the public to engage in professionally-led artistic activities
• Communicating with other theatre managers and producers in order to stay up to date with developments and new productions.
Please submit your resume, letter of interest, contact info for three references to:
Polly Doctor at firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Booking and Revenue Development Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts|
|• Location:||Muskegon, Michigan, United States|