Full-Time Job Associate Dean, College of Arts, Communication & Design
Associate Dean—College of Arts, Communications, & Design
Full/Part Time: Full-Time/12 Month
Reports To: Dean, College of Arts, Communications & Design
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean requires administrative, teaching, service, and research responsibilities as well as a terminal degree. The Dean and Associate Deans share responsibility for the management of the College. The specific portfolio of responsibilities will depend on the individual’s strengths, interests, and experience. The position is a 12-month appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Faculty rank is dependent upon the candidate’s academic record.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Dean, the Assistant/Associate Dean is expected to engage in a wide variety of leadership and management activities that advance the mission and vision of the College of Arts, Communications & Design. The position is expected to be creative/entrepreneurial and will share in the responsibility for the results achieved.
• Earned terminal degree in a discipline represented in the College (preference will be shown to Communications, Public Relations, Film, or Digital Media). Previous higher education administrative experience as a program director, department chair, assistant dean, or similar position.
• Demonstrated excellence in the classroom and ability to teach courses within the College
• Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• High degree of comfort with technology, MS Office applications, data management/analysis, and presentation software
• Record of quality scholarship and professional activity
• Minimum of 5 years full-time college/university teaching experience at the assistant professor level is required for the rank of associate professor along with a strong record of research and service with publications and presentations in professional venues.
• Minimum of 5 years’ full-time college/university teaching experience at the associate professor level is required for the rank of professor along with a strong record of research and service with substantial publications and presentations in professional venues.
• Candidate is expected to be collegial/collaborative, and enjoy working as part of a small, energetic, and productive team
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution
Experience in some of the following areas of responsibility:
• grant writing and administration
• program development
• faculty mentoring, supervision, evaluation, and professional development
• retention and progression
• strategic planning
• program accreditation and evaluation
• Plans, initiates, and assists in leadership activities for the College, including implementing goals/objectives, administering policies/procedures; and helping to advance the College vision and mission
• Takes the lead in the creation of new projects and develops assigned projects; follows through to ensure that all deadlines are met and that all deliverables are of the highest quality
• Makes recommendations to the Dean on a wide variety of instructional, budgetary, and administrative matters
• Supervises and administers faculty workload
• Administers the operating budget for the College; monitors and reconciles the revenue budgets for these areas
• Develops external partnerships and alternative funding sources
• Collects and interprets data; prepares reports as needed
• Participates in overseeing and coordinating administrative operations for College recommends and implements policies and procedures; confers with and provides staff assistance.
• Works directly with faculty in the planning and implementation of the academic programs
• Plays a key role in student success: recruitment, enrollment, and retention
• Will share in the responsibility for the College website, blog, handbooks, and other publications
• Oversees accreditation of College programs and assists in University accreditation reports
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean
Position operates primarily in an office setting, but must be highly skilled at making public presentations
Long Island University is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply visit: http://apptrkr.com/1159026
|• Job Title:||Associate Dean, College of Arts, Communication & Design|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Long Island University|
|• Location:||Greenvale, New York, United States|