Part-Time Job Associate Artistic Director
Associate Artistic Producer
Title: Associate Artistic Producer
Reports to: Artistic Director
Status: Part Time Permanent/Non-exempt Position to start September 1, 2017. 32 hours/week, some flexibility in work times and hours. May work from home as well as from Quintessence theater/office.
The Associate Artistic Producer is responsible for overseeing and facilitating all productions at Quintessence Theatre Group, and will assist in the management of the box office and administrative office. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Associate Artistic Producer will play an essential role in the exciting expansion and growth of an award-winning professional classic theater company located in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia.
• Collaborate with the Artistic Director on season planning, scheduling and budgeting.
• Oversee production process.
• Coordinate the selection, hiring and day-to-day supervision of artistic personnel for productions including directors, designers and actors; negotiate guest artists’ contracts.
• Coordinate and manage all aspects of auditions and casting for all productions with the Artistic Director; function as the Casting Director.
• Extend offers of employment to actors; negotiate the terms of the contract and process contract.
• Help the Managing Director oversee the financial accounting of production expenses and revenues.
• Develop and supervise Quintessence’s interns, apprentices and volunteers.
• Coordinate and manage artist payroll.
• Coordinate and manage Box Office.
• Collaborate with the Artistic Director to ensure that Quintessence’s vision and the art it is producing is successfully communicated to the staff, PR team, subscribers and potential ticket buyers.
• Support the development and implementation of new marketing techniques.
• Assist in the coordination of public relations including website updates, newsletters, social media
• Work with executive staff to conceptualize and prepare grants
• Perform other duties as needed
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in theater, preferably theater management
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel software
• Experience with customer service and box office services
• Experience in grant writing highly desirable
• Understanding of and love for classic theater highly desirable
• Ability to work independently and in teams
Quintessence Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Alexander Burns, Artistic Director, at Resumes@quintessencetheatre.org with “Associate Artistic Producer” in the subject line. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide references. No phone calls please. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
About the Quintessence Theatre Group:
Founded in 2009, Quintessence Theatre Group is the only professional theater company in culturally and economically diverse Northwest Philadelphia. During our first seven seasons, we presented five shows a year (two in repertory) plus an Elemental Readings Series and educational programing. Season VIII (2017-2018) will see exciting changes for Quintessence. We will present our first musical, My Fair Lady, and initiate a new Family Classics Series that will present Aesop’s Fables and The Prince and the Pauper, both designed for families with younger children. A goal of Quintessence’s recently completed strategic plan is to become a nationally recognized classic theater and center for Shakespeare education.
We fulfill our mission by re-envisioning the classics for present-day audiences while remaining true to the epic scope and poetic text. This approach attracts both nationally recognized and local actors who find challenge and inspiration in Quintessence’s thought-provoking and innovative productions. We encourage young actors to train with and work alongside seasoned actors as an ensemble, and try to hire casts that reflect the demographics of our community, which is 41 percent African-American.
Learn more at www.quintessencetheatre.org
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|• Job Title:||Associate Artistic Director|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Quintessence Theatre Group|
|• Location:||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|