Full-Time Job Assistant to the Music Director
• Job Status: Regular, full-time, exempt from overtime
• Job Location: Jones Hall – Houston, TX
• Education Level: 4 Year Degree
This position provides a variety of logistical, artistic, and personal support services for the Houston Symphony Music Director as well as administrative support for the artistic department, as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Acts as centralized point to collect, coordinate, and disseminate information about the Music Director’s activities in Houston and with the Houston Symphony. Maintains schedule and coordinates all related details. Participates in production and artistic meetings. Corresponds regularly with Music Director’s team and Chief Operating Officer to coordinate long-term schedule and provide information about Music Director’s activities.
• Coordinates with Public Relations, Marketing, and Development departments on media, PR, and personal appearance activities. Responds to requests for Music Director’s time and appearances.
• Sorts, reads, and prepares responses to mail and email messages. Composes and sends correspondence for the Music Director. Maintains files of all correspondence. Responds to phone calls and messages. Relays messages to the Music Director or refers to others as needed.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for the Music Director and family, including air travel, hotel reservations, and ground transportation, including driving as necessary. Tracks Houston Symphony’s contractual obligations regarding travel; obtains reimbursements as needed from other orchestras and festivals.
• Manages aspects of the Music Director’s personal business related to his time in Houston and the United States.
• Provides personal support to the Music Director as requested, such as handling mail and home staff.
• Maintain detailed and up to date files on Music Director’s Houston Symphony and personal business.
• Assists artistic department with management of guest artists, preparation of artistic contracts, invoice processing, backstage hospitality, transportation and schedules. Coordinates schedules, travel and transportation for guest artists appearing with the Houston Symphony.
• Serves as a resource for artistic department for artistic/education projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and/or interest in classical music and ability to read a score preferred.
• Comparable orchestra or artist management experience desirable; concierge experience helpful.
• Fluency in Spanish or German, both spoken and written, a plus, but not required.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Availability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Availability to travel, including international travel as needed.
• High level of reliability, flexibility, and maturity.
• Ability to establish credibility with a variety of individuals at all levels.
• Interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate and pleasantly work with diverse personalities.
• Ability to deal discreetly with artists, staff, and sensitive information is essential.
• Ability to deal effectively with a large amount of detail.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
To apply for this job position, please follow the link:
Visit our list of opportunities: https://www.houstonsymphony.org/Careers/
Founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony is one of America’s oldest performing arts organizations with a distinguished musical history. The Houston Symphony performs over 170 concerts for more than 350,000 people every year, featuring an innovative and broad spectrum of classical, popular, education and community-based symphonic programming.
The Houston Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workplace.
|• Job Title:||Assistant to the Music Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Houston Symphony|
|• Location:||Houston, Texas, United States|