Full-Time Assistant to the Director
The Davis Museum at Wellesley College seeks a highly organized, responsible and multi-talented individual to provide high-level administrative support and management for the Director and the Museum’s administrative office suite. Reports to the Director and works closely with staff at the museum and across campus; supervises student assistants. Performs administrative duties to ensure professional office procedures and executive level support. Manages complex calendars and travel arrangements. Handles a broad range of inquiries, issues and confidential materials and has significant interaction with VIP guests. Supports bookkeeping, manages billables and invoices, and related reporting.
• Performs administrative duties and helps to establish and maintain a variety of office procedures to manage the logistics and daily operations of the Director’s office and the Museum’s administrative office suite.
• Oversees correspondence, postal and electronic mail, telephone calls; fields inquiries and provides timely responses; determines what receives the Director’s attention and assures that appropriate background information is provided.
• Manages complex calendars and coordinates logistics of Director’s commitments and meetings.
• Arranges conferences and meetings, secures space and prepares materials for meetings.
• Arranges travel and prepares manual and electronic documentation and closeout.
• Delegates to staff those issues not requiring the Director’s attention; ensures appropriate coordination, tracking and follow-up at all levels.
• Coordinates a variety of office procedures, including group meetings, reports and other administrative activities.
• Maintains office files and records.
• Supports bookkeeping, manages billables and invoices, and related reporting.
• Supports the Associate Director of Operations & Collections Management in managing her commitments, communications and priorities.
• Works closely with other administration offices at Wellesley College, and provides information and documentation as required.
• Collaborates with other staff to support special events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 5+ years of experience; BA preferred. Experience in a not-for-profit, educational or arts organization desired. Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and close attention to detail. The successful candidate will have office management skills, experience with establishing administrative systems and procedures and some project management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Understanding and experience with many different types computer software desired.
The position requires the ability to perform administrative and clerical support functions independently; including knowledge of good grammar, spelling, punctuation, appropriate formats, style, and accuracy in the preparation and review of correspondence. The ideal candidate will be tactful and confident in dealing with people in authority and possess the ability to prioritize tasks in order to deliver high quality work against tight deadlines and to work confidentially, sensitively, and diplomatically. Flexibility, patience, and the ability to handle complex situations with cheerful aplomb are basic requirements for this position.
About the Davis.
One of the oldest and most acclaimed academic fine arts museums in the United States, the Davis Museum is a vital force in the intellectual, pedagogical and social life of Wellesley College. It seeks to create an environment that cultivates visual literacy, inspires new ideas, and fosters involvement with the arts both within the College and the larger community.
The Davis collections, including some 11,000 objects, span global history from antiquity to the present and include masterpieces from almost every continent. Today, the holdings are housed in an extraordinary museum building, designed by Rafael Moneo, winner of the Pritzker Architecture Prize. In addition to dynamic presentations of the permanent collections, and installations that support specific coursework and research interests, the Davis hosts a rotating series of engaging temporary exhibitions and programs organized to inform, delight, and challenge visitors.
About Wellesley College
The Wellesley College arts curriculum and the highly acclaimed Davis Museum are integral components of the College’s liberal arts education. Departments and programs from across the campus enliven the community with world-class programming – classical and popular music, visual arts, theatre, dance, author readings, symposia and lectures by some of today’s leading artists and creative thinkers – most of which are free and open to the public. Located just 12 miles from Boston and accessible by public transit, Wellesley College’s idyllic surroundings provide a nearby retreat for the senses and inspiration that lasts well after a visit. Since 1875, Wellesley College has been a leader in providing an excellent liberal arts education for women who will make a difference in the world. Its 500-acre campus near Boston is home to 2,300 undergraduate students from all 50 states and 75 countries.
HOW TO APPLY
For details regarding the position and how to apply, please visit the Wellesley College HR website at https://career.wellesley.edu/postings/871
|• Job Title:||Assistant to the Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Davis Museum at Wellesley College|
|• Location:||Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States|
Apply for this Job