Full-Time Job Assistant Technical Director (Performing Arts Production Staff)
Assistant Technical Director (Performing Arts Production Staff)
DePauw University, a top-tier liberal arts college, seeks to hire a full-time salary position as Assistant Technical Director.
The Assistant Technical Director supports the academic program by assisting the Design and Technical Director in all technical needs for DePauw Theatre, School of Music, Performing Arts Series, and other events in the Green Center for the Performing Arts and associated venues. Work schedule will include nights and weekends as needed. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred; a degree in technical theatre or performing arts is also preferred. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar and Google Apps, and Online Data Entry. Experience with AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks is desirable.
Some duties will include the following:
• Implement designs in lights, sounds, sets and video for performing arts events. The Assistant Technical Director should be competent in all of the areas, but may have a concentrated interest in one area that complements the skills of the Design and Technical Director.
• Assist with the construction of theatre sets, as assigned by the Design and Technical Director.
• Assist with the support the needs of guest artist events.
• Support presidential events in the Green Center.
• Perform safety checks and maintenance on equipment and facilities, ensuring that safety guidelines are being met.
• Assist with technical rehearsals of performing arts events
• Supervise and maintain the scene shop, update and maintain inventory (stock materials, tools, supplies), assist with Theatre Production labs, supervise scene shop work study students as assigned.
• Oversee production strikes.
• Assist in developing a technical plan for space upgrades.
• Attend production meetings and operations meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should submit application materials by going to the DePauw Human Resources open position site: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1154451&d=ExternalCareerSite
Application materials should include: a cover letter; resume; and three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin on August 7, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
DePauw University is a nationally recognized, leading liberal arts college dedicated to educating 2,300 highly talented, motivated, and diverse students from across the country and around the globe. Connected to the liberal arts college is one of the nation’s first Schools of Music. For more than 175 years, DePauw has created an atmosphere of intellectual challenge and social engagement that prepares students for lifelong success. Located in Greencastle, Indiana, about a 45-minute drive west of Indianapolis, DePauw is a member of the Great Lakes Colleges Association, a consortium affording excellent opportunities for faculty development and collaboration.
DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Questions may be directed to search committee chair Tim Good at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/cwtkmgmfgcz6ts2h
|• Job Title:||Assistant Technical Director (Performing Arts Production Staff)|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||DePauw University|
|• Location:||Greencastle, Indiana, United States|