Full-Time Job Assistant Technical Director and Lighting Supervisor
Lyric Opera of Kansas City seeks an experienced and professional candidate with three to five years of experience working as a Lighting Supervisor and/or Technical Director and/or Assistant Technical Director assisting designers and experience with managing crews.
This ideal candidate will act as Assistant Technical Director and as a liaison between the Lyric Opera of Kansas City (LOKC) and Directors and Designers. Act as the Lighting Supervisor for LOKC and will also serve as Assistant to the Lighting Designer upon the arrival of the Lighting Designer.
Key elements of this position include:
• Creating paperwork for load-in
• Dealing with the Lighting Designer’s artistic needs
• Drafting appropriate ground plans and sections
• Assisting TD with new builds, trucking and other needs that may arise
• Working with Marketing & Development on special events
• MA or MFA in Lighting Design, Technical Theater or closely related field.
• Three to five years of experience working as a combination of Lighting Supervisor and/or Technical Director and/or Assistant Technical Director assisting designers, and managing crews.
• Ability to collaborate with staff, professional colleagues, Union crew members, and supporters.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including; Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point), Vectorworks or AutoCAD, and Lightwright.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends, as required.
• Must be able to twist, turn, bend, reach and work overhead.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and be able to push and/or pull heavy objects.
• Must have a valid Driver’s license.
Lyric Opera of Kansas City offers competitive compensation with a rich, varied benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@kcopera.org. Please type “ATD/Lighting Supervisor” in the subject line. Candidate must pass a background screening. Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NO CALLS please.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Technical Director and Lighting Supervisor|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Lyric Opera of Kansas City, Inc.|
|• Location:||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|