Full-Time Job Assistant Registrar (Scheduler)
Coordinate, create and maintain the master class schedule for the College by managing the complete life cycle of all classes — from curricular development to scheduling to course retirement. Provide academic advising students, including transfer, international, study abroad and mobility students. Manages degree progress for for all undergraduates.
– Maintains life cycle of all classes in Jenzabar, the College’s student information, including:
– coordinating and creating of the schedule of classes (SOC) offerings for all undergraduate and extension programs at the college
– performing system audits and monitoring processes with an eye to maintaining accurate complete data
– work with the Registrar to resolve scheduling conflicts and efficient usage of facility space
– collaborating / coordinating with various offices to timely and smoothly produce the SOC / and College catalog – Academic Departments, Student Accounts, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Communications.
– With the Associate Registrar, coordinates management of EMS event scheduler.
– Performs annual audit of College curriculum for revisions to ensure changes are College catalog and all printed academic material.
– Acts as the College’s academic advisor to students including:
– performing semester update of students’ degree progress
– processing nontraditional credit petitions and course substitutions
– Monitors students’ graduation eligibility including:
– performing final certification of graduates
– determining students’ eligibility to receive honors
– supervising ordering of diplomas and covers
– Participates with the Associate Registrar in the planning and implementation of registration and advanced registration for the undergraduate, extension and preparatory departments.
– Assists the Registrar in the planning and implementation the College’s Commencement exercises including coordination of event location and logistics.
– Manages the enrollment certification of international students including:
– administration of SEVIS
– monitoring regulations and preparing for immigration site visits
– advising students of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations
– serving as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO)
– acting as the College’s liaison between students and the DHS
– meeting with international students as required and during scheduled events
– Supervises work-study students including:
– managing budget for students and department
– hiring, training and providing feedback to student employees
– creating and maintaining student employee handbook and annual cycle
– Supports Registrar in management of the office budget.
– Serves as contact regarding telephone and in-person queries including:
– assisting students with the registration process
– academic transcript and enrollment verification requests
– change of address and name requests
– Provides administrative support by:
– filing and maintaining confidential copy
– creating / maintaining annual reports
– record minutes at College Curriculum Meeting.
– Represents the College as a member of professional organization such as the National Association of international Educators (NAFSA) and Washington International Student Affairs (AWISA)
– Other duties as assigned.
– Associate’s degree plus two to three years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Word processing, typing and spreadsheet skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Self motivated, well organized, and attentive to detail
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Ability to remain pleasant and competent under stressful situations
– Ability to relate well with a diverse community
– Occasional light lifting
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience with Jenzabar software and Infomaker
– Experience in a not-for-profit, higher education or arts environment
For consideration please submit the following to email@example.com :
– Letter of Interest
– Cornish Application
Application Deadline is August 2nd @ 5 pm PDT.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Registrar (Scheduler)|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Cornish College of the Arts|
|• Location:||Seattle, Washington, United States|