Full-Time Job Assistant Professor, Theater Arts (Acting/Directing Emphasis)
Assistant Professor, Theatre Arts – Acting/Directing Emphasis (Riverside City College)
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 03/08/2017
Department: Performing Arts (R)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
Physical location of the position: Riverside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $59,061 to $90,997
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Department Specific Needs:
Applicant should have training in a variety of acting techniques; realism, classical, improvisation, musical theatre, voice, speech and movement, etc. In addition, the applicant should have the necessary skills to direct productions in a variety of theatre genres.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching a variety of acting courses, directing up to two department productions per academic year in collaboration with faculty/staff; supervising students; and teaching lecture and/or laboratory courses in general theatre courses as needed.
Demonstrated experience and commitment to excellence in teaching community college students highly desired.
Master’s degree or MFA in theatre or the equivalent, with an acting and/or directing emphasis, is required. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
Demonstrated successful teaching experience in theatre arts is required. Experience teaching at the community college or baccalaureate level is highly desirable. Evidence of directing experience at the college or university level and/or professional experience in the field required. Experience in other areas of theatre education welcome (voice, movement, IPA, stage combat, etc).
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
2. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
3. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
4. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development and other matters are also expected of all department faculty.
5. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of the academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District and College promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator.
Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Directing Portfolio (online submission) or provide a link
Optional Applicant Documents:
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Directing Portfolio (online submission) or provide a link
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of recommendation must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
To Apply: http://apptrkr.com/960271
|• Job Title:||Assistant Professor, Theater Arts (Acting/Directing Emphasis)|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Riverside Community College District|
|• Location:||Riverside, California, United States|