Full-Time Job Assistant Professor of Dramatic Media
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF DRAMATIC MEDIA
Texas Lutheran University (TLU) invites applications for a full time, tenure-track position in Production Design/Technical Direction, in the Department of Dramatic Media. A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date of mid-August, 2016.
Successful applicants will have:
• A terminal degree (M.F.A. or Ph.D.) in production design/tech.
• A generalist’s ability to serve a range of support functions in design and technical direction—including drafting, rendering, construction, painting, rigging, lighting, sound, multimedia, budgeting, purchasing, supervision of student crews, and equipment maintenance.
• A generalist’s ability to teach a range of courses in the department.
• A commitment to both traditional and emerging approaches to design/tech.
• Strong skills in communication, collaboration, problem solving, and organization.
• Expertise in software for productivity, CAD, show-control, and multimedia.
• A commitment to excellence in production and instructional environments, including continued professional and scholarly development.
• Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University
The TLU Department of Dramatic Media offers a B.A. in a unique and growing hybrid program of theatre, film, and new media. This position collaborates with faculty colleagues and student artists in support of an annual season of programming and regular curricular offerings. Information about the department is available at www.tludramaticmedia.com and www.tlu.edu/drama.
Salary is competitive; benefits are excellent. TLU, located 30 miles from San Antonio and 50 miles from Austin, is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and university value and practice academic freedom and prepare women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy detailing how your design/tech interests will engage undergraduate students, and five professional references (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). Also arrange for three confidential letters of reference to be submitted separately. While electronic submissions are preferred, paper submissions will be accepted. Please send your submissions to:
Professor David Legore, Chair of the Search Committee
c/o Annette Roecker, Academic Administrative Assistant
Texas Lutheran University, 1000 W Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
Phone: (830) 372-6050 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Professor of Dramatic Media|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Texas Lutheran University|
|• Location:||Seguin, Texas, United States|