Full-Time Job Assistant Technical Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
The Assistant Technical Director is expected to assist in the drafting, budgeting, preparation, and assembly of all ZACH productions and projects as assigned by the Technical Director.
• Maintain a safety oriented work environment and practice while cultivating safe work practices in the shop and theaters during load-in, strike, and day-to-day operations.
• Assists in the accurate budgeting of materials and labor for each ZACH production as directed by the TD based on Scenic Drawings and Renderings, including preparation of budget templates and build, load-in, and strike schedules.
• Responsible for producing AutoCAD Drawings as outlined by the TD’s production timeline.
• Assists in the acquisition of materials and special order products or equipment with ample lead time on both ZACH production and various special projects as directed by the TD.
• Facilitate clear and effective communication between the TD and Shop Foreman, ensuring the • • Foreman has an understanding of the full design and the scope of each project, through various modes of communication: drawings, written, and verbal.
• Responsible for receipt processing and data entry while maintaining both physical and digital receipt archives.
• Assist with planning and follow through of scene shop and facilities improvements for the production department and special projects for productions as assigned by the TD.
• Act as Technical Director in the Absence of the Technical Director; to include, but not limited to, attending Design and Production Meetings, Technical and Dress Rehearsal, and other meetings/events as directed by the Technical Director or Director of Production.
• Demonstrated knowledge of drafting standards, primarily AutoCAD
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard theatrical construction methods, materials, and equipment
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of theatre history
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in typing, proofing, and drawing materials
• Working knowledge of lighting, scenery, and sound design
• Working knowledge of AC and DC power supplies including single and three phase
• Working knowledge of automation equipment, specifically with Creative Conners gear
• General knowledge of theatrical rigging
Regularly attend Technical and Dress Rehearsals in conjunction with/in place of the Technical Director
Work Nights and Weekends as required.
Special Events: Works with Development, Director of Production and the Artistic Director in the scheduling, logistics and technical requirements of company events program
Rental Program: Support technical needs of the facility rental
All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
Work with Technical Director in maintaining and implementing a high level of production values
Qualified applicants can send resumes to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Assistant Technical Director|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||ZACH Theatre|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|