Full-Time Job Assistant Events Manager
The Division of Business Affairs at the State University of New York, College at Plattsburgh is seeking qualified applicants for a full time, 12 month position.
The successful applicant will assist the Campus Production Manager in fostering positive customer service, supervising student technical staff, and providing all necessary entertainment technology equipment for performance based-special events. In addition to the on-campus clients, visiting clients include local, regional and national acts.
• “Advance” events by meeting with clients, coordinating production needs, specifying equipment and staff;
• Chair bi-weekly meetings with student staff throughout the semester;
• Immediately prior to events, view facility in a methodical manner to anticipate any deficiencies;
• Supervise, field train, mentor and evaluate temporary and/or student staff at events; Serve as on-site technical coordinator; Promote workplace health and safety and “best practices”;
• Deliver, setup, rig, strike and store event related equipment;
• During events demonstrate positive customer service skills;
• Employ strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills;
• Recommend equipment purchases;
• Maintain expendables inventories.
The Production Manager’s office serves over 250 events throughout the year and there will be significant night and weekend commitment during the peak period of mid-October to mid-December, April and May.
Bachelors Degree in performance or event-related discipline with strong technical skills; Evidence of event management, event production, live entertainment technology, or related experience;
Supervisory experience; Ability to communicate effectively and skillfully, both verbally and in writing;
Working knowledge of computers and programs such as Word and Excel; Ability to lift 50 lbs. and push/pull 80-100 lbs. and to work at height; Ability to perform evening and weekend work; Experience operating name brand equipment used in the entertainment industry.
Bachelors Degree in Theatre with emphasis in Technical Production and Management; Employment in an academic institution with emphasis on working with, managing and training student employees; Documented and certified training in lighting, rigging and/or sound; Experience in live sound engineering; Familiarity with digital sound and lighting equipment and software; Membership and participation in professional organizations (KCACTF, IAVM, USITT); Demonstrated knowledge of: ETC’s ION lighting console, ETC and Chauvet LED lighting fixtures.
SUNY Plattsburgh is an equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity. As an equal opportunity employer and a government contractor subject to VEVRAA, SUNY Plattsburgh complies with hiring regulations regarding sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, age and veteran status.
$39,500 minimum, plus excellent benefits. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Materials received by March 20 will be guaranteed full consideration.
How to apply:
Please apply to http://jobs.plattsburgh.edu/postings/7972 and include a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three current professional references.
Official transcripts from an accredited institution will be required prior to employment.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Events Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||State University Of New York College at Plattsburgh|
|• Location:||Plattsburgh, New York, United States|