Full-Time Job Assistant Director – Art Gallery
Established, contemporary art gallery in San Francisco seeks motivated self-starter with a talent for art sales as Assistant Director.
The gallery operates among the highest echelon of the art world, always striving for advancement. Exceptional knowledge of the contemporary art market is required, as are proven sales proficiency and a professional, discrete demeanor.
Serving as the owner’s primary liaison within the gallery, strong management and organizational skills are required, as are superior communication skills.
There is no task too small or too large for the Assistant Director.
For sales, the Assistant Director is expected to:
• Generate sales by building existing client relationships and developing new clientele
• Attend domestic and international art fairs
• Have particular knowledge of institutional collecting
Management responsibilities include:
• Daily gallery operations
• Supervision of gallery exhibition and art fair installations
• Track inventory
• Organize and manage application process for art fairs
• Kind but firm manner with staff and contractors
Marketing Responsibilities include:
• Implementation of an overall marketing strategy, in particular social media and the gallery’s website
• Oversee and assist with press and marketing, including writing and editing of press releases.
The successful applicant will have the skills to complete and excel at the responsibilities listed above. The abilities to prioritize, lead gracefully, and self-start are necessities. Along with these attributes, general qualifications include:
• B.A. from four-year college or university in art history or related field
• Experience selling contemporary art
• Experience applying to and working at international art fairs
• Minimum 5 years experience in fine art sales
• Minimum 2 years management experience
• Thorough knowledge of art history and the contemporary art market
• Excellent organizational, written, and oral presentation skills
• Experience working with museum curators
• Curatorial experience preferred
• Professional dress and demeanor
• Experience with social media
• Team player
• Proven leader
• Understanding of handling fine artwork
• Availability to work weekends.
Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday 9:45-6:00 and Saturday 9:45-5:00.
• Availability to travel and work at art fairs and other events.
Salary is commensurate with experience plus benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|• Job Title:||Assistant Director – Art Gallery|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Contemporary Art Gallery|
|• Location:||San Francisco, California, United States|