Full-Time Job Assistant Costume Shop Manager
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
Functions as the assistant costume shop manager oversees with the daily operations of a costume shop in a year-round equity non-profit professional theatre; supervises alterations, over hire stitchers and costume strike for all productions.
Organizes costume stock and costume shop and acts as first hand with in house costume builds, alterations and repairs
• Completes costume builds, alterations and repairs for each show and supervises over hire stitchers, delegates out alterations and repairs
• Manages the costume needs and budgetary management for Theatre For Families, Pre-Professional Company and education events
• Manages and maintains the costume shop work area, costume stock (by restocking rental returns, donations and unused costumes) and fitting area. Keeping it clean and orderly to maximize productivity.
• Attends and takes notes during all scheduled production meetings, designer run-thru’s and full dress tech rehearsals; attends all required staff meetings, costume measurements and fittings for scheduled stage productions and events (including Red Hot & Soul)
• Creates a workable space for designer to pull and organize costumes by creating show racks with diddy bags and rack dividers.
• In charge of data entry for costume show database for each production
• Manages the costume needs, in conjunction with costume shop manager, for all marketing photo shoots, Development and ZACH events
• Manages, in conjunction with costume shop manager, costume load-in and strike for all stage productions and ZACH events
• Acts as costume shop manager when manager is unavailable
• Demonstrated skills of costume construction, sewing, alterations and costume fitting process
• Demonstrated skills of costume shop operations
• Demonstrated skills of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel and MS Word, Access
• Demonstrated skills in navigating and organizing costume stock
• Demonstrated oral and written communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated skills in assisting costume designers with costume stock pulling, fittings, costume rentals, costume research and purchases
• Demonstrated skills in costume care, cleaning and maintenance
• Ability to meet deadlines, complete projects as assigned and multitask
• Ability to assist other staff members with costume questions or needs
• Ability to work and make decisions both independently and with a team
• All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to climb a ladder
• Must be able to navigate stairs
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
2 years experience in a theatrical costume shop doing costume construction, wardrobe, alteration and repair
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to operate an industrial and domestic sewing machine.
Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Costume Construction or related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Qualified applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Costume Shop Manager|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Zach Theatre|
|• Location:||Austin, Texas, United States|