Full-Time Assistant Coordinator, Exhibition Planning and Administration
The Museum of Modern Art is now accepting applications for an Assistant Coordinator in the Exhibition Planning and Administration department. Reporting to the Associate Director the incumbent will serve as an exhibition coordinator for medium-scale exhibitions and performances within the context of The Museum of Modern Art’s robust exhibition program, overseeing and implementing all aspects of the planning process. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Prepares and implements exhibition timelines, guiding the planning process simultaneously for several exhibitions at various stages of development.
• Works with the Associate Director in drafting and negotiating necessary legal agreements (lender loan agreements forms, contracts, waivers).
• Prepares and oversees exhibition budgets.
• Assists with US Government indemnity applications and completes federal immunity from judicial seizure forms.
• Works with the Associate Director in handling arts insurance specific to exhibitions s/he is coordinating.
• Collaborates on administering and managing touring exhibitions.
• Works within the Exhibition Planning and Administration team and closely with MoMA’s exhibition team (curators, registrars, designers, conservators), and provides exhibition information and budget details to several departments, including development, education, communications, digital media, security, and others.
• May oversee tasks assigned to seasonal intern.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in arts administration or museum studies preferred, and two to five years progressively responsible experience in exhibition coordination or project management, preferably in an arts, culture, and/or nonprofit environment, or equivalent. Additionally candidates must have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to efficiently manage several exhibitions and projects simultaneously. Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Proven diplomatic problem-solving capabilities. Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with museum staff, artists, lenders, tour venues, and other external contacts. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other standard office procedures and equipment. Knowledge of 20th and 21st century art strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements, to email@example.com
Please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
|• Job Title:||Assistant Coordinator, Exhibition Planning and Administration|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||MOMA: The Museum of Modern Art|
|• Location:||New York, United States|