Full-Time Job Assistant to the Chief Curator
Full/Time job position available:
Assistant to the Chief Curator – reporting directly to the Nancy and Steve Crown Family Chief Curator.
The incumbent will support the administration of a creative, fast-paced office, working as part of a team to ensure the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations.
• Assistance with all administrative matters related to the chief curator’s office and the curatorial department, including management of the chief curator’s calendar, drafting correspondence, travel and expense reports
• Organization of meetings (internal, external and patron groups)
• PowerPoints and other presentations; supervision of interns
• Maintaining curatorial departmental files and record-keeping, including tracking of budgets
• Supporting processes related to acquisitions and gifts
• Sorting mail and ordering supplies
• Communication with external contacts, including artists, trustees, donors, galleries, etc., as well as other museum departments such as Exhibitions and Collections Management, Advancement, Registration, and Research Resources
• The incumbent will work closely with the director of curatorial affairs and the curatorial assistant to the chief curator to carry out these duties.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years administrative experience, museum or gallery a plus
Background in art history preferred
• Outstanding organizational ability and rigorous attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral skills; good working knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint; training in TMS preferred, but not required
• Diplomacy, confidentiality, and teamwork skills are crucial
How to apply:
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com and state “Assistant to the Chief Curator” in the subject line of the email.
|• Job Title:||Assistant to the Chief Curator|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Whitney Museum of American Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|