Full-Time Arts Administrator
Colgate University, a highly-selective residential liberal arts university with 2,900 students, is a very special place to work. A diverse group of individuals from local and worldwide communities, our staff is critical to preserving the university’s high standards and strong reputation as a leader in higher education.
We nurture an inclusive, collaborative culture, where each employee is treated as an important contributor, offer generous benefit packages and encourage staff wellness, learning and advancement. We offer staff opportunities to audit Colgate classes, as well as earn credits towards a Colgate undergraduate degree. Our friendly staff can be found attending lectures, working out together at our state of the art gym facilities, kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing on Lake Moraine, and participating in one of the many daily events that take place on campus and in the Village of Hamilton.
Each year, Colgate University plans and sponsors a vibrant array of events, exhibitions, and programs in the visual, performing, and media arts. These events enhance student learning in Colgate’s academic curriculum; engage students’ creative capacities; and entertain, educate, and enlighten members of the campus community and the general public.
The Arts Administrator will partner with relevant campus stakeholders (including members of the faculty and administration) to: facilitate curricular collaborations among and between academic departments; support event development, planning, and execution; and collaborate with the Office of Communications to facilitate strategic marketing, publicity, and community outreach efforts with appropriate audiences.
This position reports to the director of the Division of Arts and Humanities, which is one of four academic divisions under the auspices of the Office of the Dean of the Faculty.
-Accountable for coordinating efforts and activities that deepen the connections between Colgate’s visual, performing, and media arts events and the academic curriculum, as well as facilitating awareness of public arts programming both on campus and in the community.
-Accountable for applying judgment and expertise in executing strategies that meet Colgate’s identified goals for the arts.
-Accountable for ensuring that arts materials produced are consistent with university editorial, branding, and style guidelines.
-Accountable for measuring and documenting progress and effectiveness of plans and projects.
– Professional experience in visual, performing, and/or media arts administration and program development in support of academic efforts, preferably in a higher education setting; OR, conversely, in relevant experience in program administration in other fields within higher education or non-profits combined with significant experience with the visual, performing, and/or media arts.
– Understanding of and familiarity with strategic events marketing and publicity.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, especially in articulating the educational value of the arts
– Proven experience in event planning.
– Demonstrated ability to deal with diverse constituencies, competing interests, pressure, and multiple projects.
– Strong project management, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
– Demonstrated ability to manage budgets effectively.
– Demonstrated ability to use relevant technology platforms.
– Willingness to work a flexible schedule that will include evenings and weekends.
– Must be capable of working collegially with diverse groups of faculty, staff, students and community members.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in arts administration or education preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vtrg9v5wxjjnvtc9
Please Share the Arts Administrator job: