Full-Time Job Arts Administrator – Gallery
Richard Gray Gallery seeks a full-time Artist Administrator to work alongside a gallery Director.
The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration and at least two years related experience; master’s degree is a plus. Superior writing skills, the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize and time-manage to meet deadlines are essential and thorough working knowledge of contemporary art is required.
This position will involve contact with curators, artists, and clients therefore discretion and poise are essential.
Successful candidates will be technically savvy with high proficiency in Photoshop, Apple iOS, and Microsoft suite.
Primary Duties include:
• Assist Director to respond to all artist and artist studio needs
• Manage artists’ gallery archives
• Liaise with other gallery staff regarding all aspects of artists’ inventory & exhibition management, production, shipping, photography, and research
• Assist Director in artist project management, including presentations, managing files, special project research, managing budgets, and liaising with both the studio and clients
• Assist Director in sending out and monitoring offers to clients
• Assist Director in internal and external communications
• Assist with sales
• Create and manage guest lists for exhibitions, dinners, support Director and artists at events
• Plan and book travel, manage calendars, expenses and budgets
How to apply:
Email resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
|• Job Title:||Arts Administrator – Gallery|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Richard Gray Gallery|
|• Location:||Chicago, Illinois, United States|