Full-Time Job Artistic Producer
Artistic Producer Opportunity
Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep) seeks an energetic, organized, and ambitious Artistic Producer to help lead the company’s acclaimed artistic department. The Artistic Producer will report directly to Artistic Director, Eric Rosen, as the lead producer and manager of artistic programs at the Rep, including its mainstage season, new works programs, and engagement initiatives. Collaborating closely with a senior team that includes the Associate and Assistant Artistic Directors, Director of New Works, Education Programs Director, Company Manager, and Production Manager, this newly created position will centralize the management of artistic resources, develop long term artistic strategies, line produce artistic projects, develop and implement program budgets in collaboration with program leaders, participate in multi-year season and project management, and will serve as liaison between the artistic staff and the company’s administrative, marketing, and development teams. The KCRep is an EOE employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Specific duties of the Artistic Producer include:
1. Line produce the KCRep’s portfolio (mainstage season, OriginsKC new works programs ad productions, and community engagement initiatives, in collaboration with program leadership.
2. Scout, identify, and develop a diverse roster of actors, directors, writers, actors, and designers, locally and nationally.
3. Oversee casting and artistic staffing and logistics for productions, in collaboration with Associate and Assistant Artistic Director;
4. Identify and communicate key artistic visions from the Artistic Office to internal and external stakeholders.
5. With Production Manager, evaluate success and best-practice lessons from major projects and productions;
6. In concert with the Rep’s senior leadership, identify and implement best practices for its ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
7. Special focus on improving communication and increasing opportunities to communicate the KCRep’s dynamic programming with internal stakeholders (ie marketing, communications, development, and board leadership) and external stakeholders (major donors, civic leadership, etc.)
8. Steward all contracted artists through the institution, working with Assistant Artistic Director and Company Management, ensuring the highest quality of engagement between the Rep and its artists;
9. Support the Artistic Director and on other related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 5-8 years of relevant professional theatre experience, including producing;
• Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, stage management or related field required, graduate degree in arts management, arts leadership, or related fields encouraged
• Extensive knowledge of local and national acting, directing, design, and playwriting talent, as well as knowledge of the new play and education fields and current issues facing the national theater field.
• Experience in leading teams, collaborating across departments, producing, etc.
• Ability to understand and support oversight of season budgets.
• Demonstrated and exceptional management, organizational and interpersonal skills, and capacity to navigate a complex organizational structure with many key leaders;
• Familiarity with latest technological software related to the field, from design to Tessitura;
• Excellent public speaking, presentation, and group leadership skills;
• Demonstrated professional maturity along with positive, energetic interpersonal style;
• Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Knowledge of LORT and AEA/SDC/USA contracts and rules.
Environmental and Physical requirements for the position:
• Work is required outside of normal business hours (evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.)
• Ability to calmly manage a stressful environment.
• Sit for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours).
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a computer keyboard for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours).
• Overnight Travel.
Equipment personally required for position
• Access to motor vehicle
Expected start date, July 1, 2017
The Artistic Producer reports to and is supervised by the Artistic Director.
Please direct all inquiries to: Chip Miller @ email@example.com
KCRep pursues theatrical excellence and advances the art form, creating and sharing stories at the center of the nation’s creative crossroads. KCRep cultivates passionate audiences, artists, and advocates who are invested in our region’s future. We build communities by connecting people through productions and programming that educate, entertain, challenge and inspire.
|• Job Title:||Artistic Producer|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Location:||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|