Full-Time Job Artist Management Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Tappan, the leading contemporary art space representing and propelling the careers of emerging artists, is seeking a driven and knowledgeable Artist Management Assistant to join a core team at an exciting phase of business growth and development
Candidates should be passionate about art, graphic design, operations, sales, marketing, e-commerce and content creation as well as punctual and organized self-starters who are motivated to gain experience in all aspects of art business through engaged participation.
Applicants should have a desire to work with artists and help foster their practice and career
The Artist Management Assistant will have the unique opportunity to learn about studio visits, critiques, career guidance and the development of artistic practice. They will also learn the value of strategic partnerships, collaborative projects and collector engagement.
• receive artworks: documentation, condition reports, archival storage
• assist in organization of artist assets (image files, details, prices, editions)
• coordinate special events and artist projects
• manage incoming inventory and ensures all artwork documentation is received for each piece, ensuring everything is accounted for prior to scheduled artwork launches
• assist in the on-boarding process and the nature of artist representation
• participate in the management of Tappan artists’ online presence and participation in Tappan programs, commission opportunities and partnerships
• research artist opportunities such as MFA programs, artist residencies, city and county art commissions, gallery exhibitions and rosters, industry events
• assist in managing Tappan artists’ social presence, facebook page and inclusion in newsletters and instagram content
• gather data to generate monthly inventory reports
• manage Tappan Artist Residency and Exchange Programs including reviewing applications, coordinating scheduling, programming visits and critiques
• assist in building out gallery and foundation partnerships to ensure artists have a pipeline for continual exposure or physical exhibition opportunity
• BA in Art History, Studio Art, or Curatorial Studies
• 1-3 years of experience at galleries, museums, non-profit organizations, or other art entities
• Advanced knowledge of the contemporary art world and market
• Previous experience working in a small business and/or start up environment is preferred; Resourceful and creative
• Strong attention to detail with outstanding multi-tasking skills and capability to follow through on projects
• Ability to spearhead initiatives independently and also work well with the team to achieve goals
• Effective and open communication
• Familiarity with Adobe creative Suite a plus
Team Player, Highly Organized, Artist Management, Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills
What We’re Building
Our curated e-commerce platform sells original paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and fine art prints by up-and-coming artists. Tappan taps into art communities and top ranking art schools across the world to discover new artistic talent. Through digital content, art exhibitions, and strategic partnerships, Tappan provides access, participation and support in contemporary art to a new generation of art patrons.
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Artist Management Assistant|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Location:||Los Angeles, California, United States|